Respected Contributor

Software bundle with HP laptop

Has anyone actually received the software bundle that was supposed to come with your HP laptop?  (I haven't yet.)

Occasional Contributor

Re: Software bundle with HP laptop

DId not get mine either and can't find anyone at the Qor HP to help me. Also very disappointed that the backlit keys do not work either. Considering sending this back no help or support.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FranandZoe Yes. I received my software in the mail about two weeks after I got the computer. 

Some complain the computer is useless without the software but that is not true. I am using the antivirus McAfee free 30 day trial until I add free BitDefender to it. You need to delete the McAfee from the ControlPanel when you add a new Antivirus “before” you installed the new one. That way it doesn’t conflict with each other. 

All of the software has a code with each one and mine came in a small padded brown packet in the regular mail. It is just a folded card with the codes inside. The Greeting Card Program has NO CODE. Just bring up the site enclosed with the packet and hit Download next to the card program. Most of the others you hit Redeem and put in your code.

Due the backlog of mail at the Post Office it may take longer.

I hope this helps.

@wrecker There “is a button on the top of the keyboard” F5 you need to hit to Turn On the backlit keys. It is like — — — and is the sixth key from the left side. This turns it on and off. I love the backlit keyboard. It is on the i5 HP Laptop TSV. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thank you both!

Esteemed Contributor

@wrecker

@wrecker wrote:

DId not get mine either and can't find anyone at the Qor HP to help me. Also very disappointed that the backlit keys do not work either. Considering sending this back no help or support.

There is support.  I,m in bed now, but if you are interested, I will post the HP support number tomorrow.  I USED IT TODAY.  They also sent me a tutorial online, but fixed my problem.  I was so frustrated, and ready to send this back. They walked me through it. Then I had a problem with office and called them and got walked through that also.

Occasional Contributor

That would be terrific and much appreciated! Got the backlit keys working thanks to another post but would still like the software bundle. You expect to get what you paid for  Thank you so much. Merry Christmas

Occasional Contributor

Thank you!! Backlit keys now working but I still need software bundle....over three weeks and nothing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I noticed after the Windows 10 updates that the backlit keyboard was not lit on mine. That is when I remembered to hit the F5 key on the keyboard and it was on again! That is how you turn it on and off.

I had seen how to turn it on and off on one of the shows demos with Alex. I would have been frustrated too if I had not seen this.

“Mod Beth QVC in CS helped me with the website to get to the software as it has a special code after .com and I am sure she would be glad to help you also. She can look your account up to see that you purchased the HP computer. She’s an asset to our forums. Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the info. I am new to the forums and unsure how to reach a Mod.

My time is running out on my virus protection and since I should have it in bundle  I do not want to purchase a different kind. Could any one tell me how to reach a Mod

Respected Contributor

@wrecker Email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

The Mods answer pretty quickly. QVC needs to get the information to the customers that didn’t receive the software package.

Hope this helps you.