Honored Contributor

Re: Saying Goodbye To Tracfone

@Jordan2 

Actually, 1gb is a lot of data, for those that use wifi. My wife has never even come close to using 1gb of data in a month. Most places she goes have wifi, even Starbucks, where she likes to spend too much of her money, I think. 😉

Just mentioning here that 1gb=1024 mb. If you're happy, that's all that counts.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

One GB is a fair amount of mobile data as long as you rely on Wifi most of the time. Times have changed where data is concerned. When I bought my first "real" computer (previously had a Timex-Sinclair T-1000, Texas Instruments TI99/4A, and an Atari something or other) it came with a whopping 1.2 GBs of storage on the hard drive and the clerk at the store said, "You could use this computer every day for the rest of your life and never fill 1.2 GBs of storage." Yeah. My current desktop has 1.3 terabytes of storage and my phone has 128 GBs of storage. The Windows 10 operating system now takes 15 GBs of data for it alone. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

1 gb is per month, and if unused it rolls over to the next month. They do have plans with more data,  unlimited talk/text 2gb data = $25, unlimited talk/text 3gb data= $30 month

all unused data rolls over to the next month Oh and the price per month goes down $5 per month with auto refill, so $20 plan is $15, $25 plan is $20, $30 plan is $25

I don't know of any carrier that rolls over data anymore

I turn off my data when at home and connect to my wifi, my data lasts all month and if it doesn't,  for $10 I can add another 1 gb, all done from my tracfone smartphone. 

Happy shopping folks!

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

The better priced Tracfone smartphone bundles are at HSN with free shipping, or just go to Tracfone.com They have really inexpensive smartphones, refurbished smartphones as low as $4.99, then you add your preferred plan, all shipped free, too. Oh and there is a $5 monthly discount on the plans if you choose auto refill.

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Jordan2   $300 a year.  A tracfone is anywhere from $59-$199, so you are willing to spend more to talk more..............interesting.

I keep my calls short, seems like I get more headaches if I talk over 15 minutes, know one tells you anything but keeping phones next to your head foor a prolonged time can't be good.   I never had this issue with a dial plug in phone.   

@Just Bling You don't have to keep the phone next to your head.  I usually just turn on the speaker, depending where I am.  Or use a headset.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@chickenbutt

The OP may not have Spectrum cable. 

@Nuttmeg I'm the OP, I don't have Spectrum. I didn't realize Tracfone had $20 monthly plans with unlimited talk and text. I see you get 1gb of data, I'm not a techie but that has to be close to nothing. I definitely need a new phone either way. 

@Jordan2 

You can always add extra GBs of data as needed

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@chickenbutt

The OP may not have Spectrum cable. 

@Nuttmeg I'm the OP, I don't have Spectrum. I didn't realize Tracfone had $20 monthly plans with unlimited talk and text. I see you get 1gb of data, I'm not a techie but that has to be close to nothing. I definitely need a new phone either way. 

@Jordan2 

You can always add extra GBs of data as needed

@Jordan2 

Its under EXTRAS you have to scroll down a bit and there's a little arrow to designate how many GSs you want....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@angelicat wrote:

1 gb is per month, and if unused it rolls over to the next month. They do have plans with more data,  unlimited talk/text 2gb data = $25, unlimited talk/text 3gb data= $30 month

all unused data rolls over to the next month Oh and the price per month goes down $5 per month with auto refill, so $20 plan is $15, $25 plan is $20, $30 plan is $25

I don't know of any carrier that rolls over data anymore

I turn off my data when at home and connect to my wifi, my data lasts all month and if it doesn't,  for $10 I can add another 1 gb, all done from my tracfone smartphone. 

Happy shopping folks!

I have AT&T and my data rolls over. I'm on a 1gb plan because I use wifi most of the time.

Honored Contributor

@angelicat wrote:

The better priced Tracfone smartphone bundles are at HSN with free shipping, or just go to Tracfone.com They have really inexpensive smartphones, refurbished smartphones as low as $4.99, then you add your preferred plan, all shipped free, too. Oh and there is a $5 monthly discount on the plans if you choose auto refill.

@angelicat I think the $5 savings for auto renewal is only for the first two months, then it's the regular price.

Honored Contributor

I'm on a budget, so I will probably go with Tracfone or Mint Mobile. Either way I need a new phone, I would think getting a Tracfone from QVC or HSN is probably the cheapest option rather than buying an unlocked phone and going to Mint Mobile. Does anyone know if there are additional fees ( other than taxes) to the Tracfone plans? Also, can you change plans month to month if you need to if you are enrolled in auto refill for one plan?