Respected Contributor

Samsung Galaxy Note or Tab Tablet Question

Does anyone own any of the 10.1 inch newest Samsung tablets? I was at Staple's this morning to check out the iPad air (as some reports online the screen breaks easily) and I also was looking at the Samsung Tab 10.1. It really is nice for the price. I am an Apple customer but like to always learn also. I had an Android Nextbook tablet years ago that was nothing but problems. They have come a long way on all the upgrades.

I would like a tablet- besides the iPad 4 I have that works well with Skype. The person I spoke to at Staples was very knowledgable and was impressed at what I knew for being 64 years old. I told him I love to learn and researchthe internet and forums before I buy. I also trust this forum for honest answers.

I decided not to get the Kindle Fire HDX as it isn't exactly what I was looking for but a very nice overall tablet.

I want a quad core and high resolution tablet that has a SD slot for expansion.

Any comments would help. Thanks to all.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note or Tab Tablet Question

I do not own a Samsung tablet, but an Galaxy S4 phone. I do like my phone. You are looking for a tablet with specs much like the Apple Air. Samsung has a Galaxy Note 2014 edition with 16/32 GB of storage. This tablet has an SD card slot, Samsung just introduced a new Note 3 pro tablet series this week at the CES 2014 show. You should find quite a few reviews of the current products online.
Super Contributor

I have the Samsung Galaxy 10.1. it is a beautiful tablet, and works wonderfully. But, I wish I had purchased the 7" tablet. The 10.1 is awkward and heavy to hold for long periods of time. There is just no way to prop it up while sitting on the couch or in a chair to comfortably use it for long periods of time. I get a kink in my neck, or my arms get tired. Impossible to use laying in bed.

I just got the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone with a HUGE screen, and I don't have a use for the 10.1 anymore. I will probably give it to DD.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the replys.

I did see Samsung has some new tablets coming out. I think a 7"" would be great for my purse. I'll watch for them to be released-hopefully soon.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/13/2014 MKR NY said:

Thanks for the replys.

I did see Samsung has some new tablets coming out. I think a 7" would be great for my purse. I'll watch for them to be released-hopefully soon.

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/samsung-galaxy-notepro/4505-3126_7-35833904.html

I am waiting for the 8.4" product.

I ended up buying a Nexus 7 tablet. I do like it very much. This tab is a little different than my smartphone. The interface is more vanilla ,but I am having fun with it. If you are buying your first android, Samsung products are a nice introduction to this space.
Super Contributor

I recently bought a samsung 8.0 tablet. It has everything I want. It's lighter than the 10, but it has more capability than the 7. I am really still learning about mine. Check with hckynt because I bought mine on his recommendations and am glad I did.
Respected Contributor

I was reviewing CES 2014 show online and I think the Samsung Galaxy NotePro in the 8.4"" may be the perfect size for me. I will check it out. I guess once you use the Apple products you just want a new tablet that rivals it closely. Apple products are expensive and I know their CS is tops.

Has anyone had to contact Samsung on any tablets and got great service also?

Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch. Looked at the Note 8 inch, but decided I would rarely use the feature of the stylus & being able to draw, do math problems, etc. I was given the Galaxy Tab 3 7 inch for Christmas. I set it up & played with it for a couple days. The size fits nicely in hand & purse. In the end, I exchanged it for the 8 inch tablet because I got double the memory, plus bought a 32 GB memory card for my new tablet. The 8 in. size fits easily in my hand, works well for reading (I use Nook app), and was pretty easy to set up. It fits in my purse just fine too. I like the screen being a bit bigger than the 7 in. size. If you go with the largest size tablet, I think you may not want to lug that around in your purse, but will be happy with it's features. My recommendation for the Samsung tablet is the 8 in. size. Hope this helps you in your decision making.

Super Contributor

I am madly in love with my Nexus 7 (Asus), 2nd Gen. I have an ipad4 but wanted android as well. Love Apple, love my iPad. But love the Nexus equally. Love the size, weight, its capabilities. Tons of reviews on YouTube and it gets an A rating from everyone. Rightfully so, IMO. Wouldn't trade it for anything!

Contributor

I have the new 2014 samsung galaxy and I love it ,the resolution is so great everything about it is great, kind of pricy but well worth the price it is light also.