Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note or Tab Tablet Question

On 1/14/2014 MKR NY said:

I was reviewing CES 2014 show online and I think the Samsung Galaxy NotePro in the 8.4" may be the perfect size for me. I will check it out. I guess once you use the Apple products you just want a new tablet that rivals it closely. Apple products are expensive and I know their CS is tops.

Has anyone had to contact Samsung on any tablets and got great service also?

Thanks.

The 8.4" is a Galaxy TabPRO not a Note, has to have the S pen if it is a Note. The Only NotePRO was the 12.2" :

Las Vegas, NV – January 6, 2014 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today unveiled the Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO line of tablets, setting a new standard of mobile excellence, equipped with innovative and meaningful technology. Sporting four powerful devices in the lineup – the Galaxy NotePRO (12.2-inch), TabPRO (12.2, 10.1, 8.4-inch), Samsung’s Galaxy tablet portfolio redefines what a tablet can do. Yahoo.com

Have heard mixed results in their CS.

Contributor

If you need quad core, the Note is what you want. The Tab is only dual core.
Regular Contributor

I have the Tab 10.1 and it has a small stand which charges it while I use it. Ialso have the S4 phone, and a Samsung internet tv. Everything works great and syncs perfectly. I have a 7" Note on my wish list.
Respected Contributor

GT-N5110WY Galaxy Note 8"" tablet Can the Android operating system be upgraded? KitKat is the newest out. This looks really nice at a reasonable price. I have been price comparing. Thanks.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/20/2014 MKR NY said: GT-N5110WY Galaxy Note 8" tablet Can the Android operating system be upgraded? KitKat is the newest out. This looks really nice at a reasonable price. I have been price comparing. Thanks.

I would not worry about the version of Android. There is not a lot of difference in the OS's. If there is an update available for your tab, it will do so automatically. You just need a full charge when you set it up. Samsung makes a nice quality product with a user friendly interface for the Android OS.

Contributor

On 1/13/2014 MKR NY said:

Does anyone own any of the 10.1 inch newest Samsung tablets? I was at Staple's this morning to check out the iPad air (as some reports online the screen breaks easily) and I also was looking at the Samsung Tab 10.1. It really is nice for the price. I am an Apple customer but like to always learn also. I had an Android Nextbook tablet years ago that was nothing but problems. They have come a long way on all the upgrades.

I would like a tablet- besides the iPad 4 I have that works well with Skype. The person I spoke to at Staples was very knowledgable and was impressed at what I knew for being 64 years old. I told him I love to learn and researchthe internet and forums before I buy. I also trust this forum for honest answers.

I decided not to get the Kindle Fire HDX as it isn't exactly what I was looking for but a very nice overall tablet.

I want a quad core and high resolution tablet that has a SD slot for expansion.

Any comments would help. Thanks to all.

Truth be told, the whole SD slot isn't going to go anyone much good these days if the Android OS is 4.0 or higher. I say that because if it is, you can't move your apps to the SD card like you used to be able to with the older versions of Android. The SD card is used now for mostly media storage like pictures, music and the like. With all of the various "cloud" strorage options out there, SD card storage is almost being rendered obsolete unless you intend on doing a lot of movie downloads & the like.

For Christmas, I bought my 3 girls (ages 12 and 6 - twins) Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 inch tablets. It's a quad-core tablet is quite nifty. Asus is a good brand name really. Don't get hungup on the "Samsung" name. I nearly did. Someone said above something about the Nexus 7. Asus makes it too, though it has Google's name on it. For me personally, when I take the plunge, I'll likely buy that one. For now, I play on the one of my girls' tablets. (Well, usually my 12yr old's since she tends to get in trouble now and then and I have to take it from her! Haha!)

Not applicable

I own the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 the tablet just before that 10.1they pretty much have the same features and I'm able to hold the 8.0 in one hand if needbeat Samsung was very easy to deal with when setting up andGoogle I can I I am very pleased with my choice and I tried them all I suggest you go to qvc or a Walmart to compare the two good luck p.s the 8.0 does come with a microsd slot to accomadate a card.
Super Contributor

You would find CNET reviews very helpful. I rely on that website for all my electronics purchases.

I have that Galaxy 10.1, 2014 version. I already had the Note 2 for my phone, and I love the S-Pen, so this was a great addition for me...everything seamlessly syncs back and forth.

I'm an Android guy...

Good luck on your purchase.

Honored Contributor

Is this the same tablet HSN has for the TSV today? I went on line to try to find out from Consumers Reports about it and (of course) I can't understand much about it.

I have an IPAD2 (which I love) and an IPHONE5 and bla bla. They are all Apple products. I don't know that I'd be happy with anything else but might like to try something for a backup.

Besides they are pretty cheap over on HSN. Is this thing any good?

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/2/2014 annabellethecat said:

Is this the same tablet HSN has for the TSV today? I went on line to try to find out from Consumers Reports about it and (of course) I can't understand much about it.

I have an IPAD2 (which I love) and an IPHONE5 and bla bla. They are all Apple products. I don't know that I'd be happy with anything else but might like to try something for a backup.

Besides they are pretty cheap over on HSN. Is this thing any good?

I saw this tablet at Amazon for $199 this morning. It is cute and you will like it. A little Valentine's Day gift to yourself.