Respected Contributor

Apple has come out with a new iPad and I was wondering if anyone has purchased it yet? It just came out within the last few weeks. I have an older iPad 4 and it isn't capable to update anymore. I decided to treat myself with a new one. I have the iPad Mini 4 that I love but the larger iPad is better now that I am older.

I would love the iPad Pro but am not sure if I want to invest that much money.

I just finishing paying for my 17" HP rosegold laptop-which I love. I have it hooked up through an HDMI cable for my husband right now so he can see the NASCAR race. Spectrum doesn't have some of the channels back on yet due to their "negotiations" .  

Thanks for any comments.

Happy Sunday!

Frequent Contributor

hi,

I just got my new iPad a couple days ago. Had to upgrade my old gen 3. It is lighter in weight than the old ones. Much, much faster!

I am still learning the new features, but so far, nothing really complex. You can unlock it with a fingertip now. You can also use the pencil, which I didn't get. Some new apps for garage band and   Teaching that I won't use.

one thing to be aware of is that the new ones are 64 bit only, so if you have purchased games, they may not be updated for 64 bit, and they won't work on the new iPad, so you lose them.

There is a feature to offload apps to the cloud, but keep the data on the iPad to save room. 

I didn't go with the Pro, mine is a 32 GB 9.7 inch in rose. Very nice color for a change from the usual silver. 

Hope this helps.

Dragonfly