Frequent Contributor
Check out Dells outlet. My husband works for them & we buy all our computers there. They have refurbished scratched and many times brand new ones that customers order and did not take. That what I usually look for. My last one was scratched or dented category & I could never find where it was. Also my husband there is absolutely nothing wrong with refurbished from a reputable dealer
Honored Contributor

Amazon has great refurbished electronics and computers, plus you can check out user reviews. Good luck!

Honored Contributor
If I could buy from a company website and the computer was company refurbished, I wouldn't hesitate. I bought a refurbished iPad2 two years ago and it's never missed a beat. I bought it from Apple online. I wouldn't buy one from a third party. The outside of my iPad was brand-new, indistinguishable from a new one.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have bought refurbished laptops with no problems and I would do it again.

Respected Contributor
On 8/3/2014 Skylands said:

I guess my post to Ford who wasn't helpful but just posts her opinion were deleted. Why, I don't know?

Apple computers are very good, and R the market leader. That being said, I wouldn't buy a used one that was recommissioned by Apple. Reason, U never know what the original owner did and the amount of savings ~ 10% is not worth it. Do your homework and investigate. Good luckSmiley Happy

For refurbished Apple products, you are given a 1 year warranty. You can also purchase Apple Care. Apple stands behind it's refurbished products.

Respected Contributor

my dh bought a dell laptop, factory refurbed and it lasted 5 yrs. no problems, just that he wore it out. do your back ground and then make a decision. i would check woot.com, too.

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/4/2014 10sluvr said:

my dh bought a dell laptop, factory refurbed and it lasted 5 yrs. no problems, just that he wore it out. do your back ground and then make a decision. i would check woot.com, too.

Woot has turned into a computer store.

Honored Contributor
I wouldn't hesitate to buy a refurbished computer from my computer guy. He buys and rebuilds old computers every day, and I would trust him to set me up with what I need. I would not buy refurbished from anyone else.
Super Contributor
I would certainly consider an Apple refurbished product. Same warranty as new and AppleCare available for purchase. I would buy from Apple or a reseller I knew and trusted.
Honored Contributor

I'm on my second used car and I hope never to buy a new car! Drove the first used one I bought 95,000 miles after it became mine and I'm hoping to repeat that mileage with my current car. 45000 to go!

And I've seen very good tech advisors recommend refurbished computers - refurbished by the manufacturers and with warranties. I might do that for my next computer - although I see little reason to compare cars and computers, so who knows.