Trusted Contributor
Can I block ads from being posted? QVC posts ads on my FB page, each have different email address'. I dont post on Q's page but have checked out the host's page without logging in. (Or I thought I wasnt logged in).
Honored Contributor

On a computer, you can use add-ons/extensions. The ones available vary from one browser to another, but I use these:

AdBlock Edge
AdBlock Plus
Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon
(I also like: DoNotTrackMe, BetterPrivacy, and Ghostery, to avoid some of the tracking.)

(Remember, when using a combination of extensions/addons you will occasionally find problems getting some websites to function completely, and you’ll need to temporarily disable certain extensions/add-ons.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I use an add on called Facebook purity gets rid of everything on there, including people you may know.

I think they have a Facebk page

Honored Contributor

I wanted to add: If you visit other websites, or even read your mail, with cookies enabled and then go to Facebook without deleting those cookies... Facebook will use them to pick up on what you've been doing and "personalize" the ads. Along with tracking you on Facebook, that's another reason they're geared toward your actual interests or activities.

This was posted on other threads in June, suggested reading on changes at Facebook and a way to opt out of certain advertising:

Making Ads Better and Giving People More Control Over the Ads They See

link goes to: http://newsroom.fb.com/news/2014/06/making-ads-better-and-giving-people-more-control-over-the-ads-t...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
On 8/4/2014 jackthebear said:

I use an add on called Facebook purity gets rid of everything on there, including people you may know.

I haven't heard of that one, jackthebear! I'll have to check it out. Thanks!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor
On 8/4/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 8/4/2014 jackthebear said:

I use an add on called <em>Facebook purity</em> gets rid of everything on there, including people you may know.

I haven't heard of that one, jackthebear! I'll have to check it out. Thanks!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

not sure how I found it, but I get no ads or anything at all on my page, LMK if you can't find any info on it and I can point you in the right direction. might be Firefox only?

Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone. I thought QVC was doing it but its FB.

Respected Contributor
It's not just QVC. I get ads every time I look at a product online. I just ignore them knowing it's how FB is free to use.