Valued Contributor

Recovering Password on Hotmail

I recently had to make a change to my hotmail password.  I filled out the form and they sent a code to another email.  I go to the other email to get the code and the pop up box to put the code in disappears and can't find it.  How does a person keep the pop up box while going on the email to get the code.  I only use emails on my computer and not on my phone.

Respected Contributor

Re: Recovering Password on Hotmail

@kismet wrote:

I recently had to make a change to my hotmail password.  I filled out the form and they sent a code to another email.  I go to the other email to get the code and the pop up box to put the code in disappears and can't find it.  How does a person keep the pop up box while going on the email to get the code.  I only use emails on my computer and not on my phone.

You should have opened up a new tab to retrieve the code number.  Do that the next time.  

Esteemed Contributor

You could have them send a text to your phone.  

Valued Contributor

How do I open up a new tab?  I tried to put my phone number in for contact but it said email.  In the past on my other accounts I used a different email

Respected Contributor

@kismet wrote:

How do I open up a new tab?  I tried to put my phone number in for contact but it said email.  In the past on my other accounts I used a different email

Depends on the browser.  With Firefox, you click on the plus sign next to the tab which is open. 

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001112.htm

Valued Contributor

glb613, thanks for the info on a tab.  I never heard of it and had no idea I could do it.  Everyone in  my family has an Apple and when I ask something I hear I don't know I have Apple.  Thanks again.