Frequent Contributor

Now that this tablet is useless, I don't know what to do to get rid of it. Since it won't even turn on, I can't revert to factory settings.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Valued Contributor

Battery maybe?

Respected Contributor

@neetsPA, here's a link to a NuVision troubleshooting guide. This may or may not be your model.

https://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/NuVision_TM1088_Troubleshooting

I would try 2 things:

- see if it will boot when plugged into the wall outlet. If it does, but if the battery won't charge, you can get the battery replaced

- plug into wall, then boot by holding both the power button and the volume down button at the same time for at least 10 seconds.

Perhaps one of these will work. Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

I would do a Google search and see how to remove the tablet from your Gmail account. You can recycle the tablet. 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions. I have tried the recommended steps and still nothing happens.  I appreciate each of you taking the time to try to help.

Honored Contributor

it's possible the tablet is still salvageable. Tablets still use battery life even when turned off. If it's stuck in a software loop that's preventing it from rebooting, the battery will eventually drain all the way down to nothing. When that happens the corrupted software will go bye-bye and when power is returned it will load a fresh copy of the OS from the ROM chip and your tablet will be back to normal. It may take a week or two to fully drain the battery, but if you're patient that may fix the issue.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, gardenman. I will try that. I have let it sit for about a week, but perhaps that isn't enough. I have intermittently tried to charge it but nothing registers, so I have no idea how much of a charge it has. I think I will just forget about its existence for a couple weeks and then see what happens. Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@neetsPA wrote:

Thanks, gardenman. I will try that. I have let it sit for about a week, but perhaps that isn't enough. I have intermittently tried to charge it but nothing registers, so I have no idea how much of a charge it has. I think I will just forget about its existence for a couple weeks and then see what happens. Thanks again.

That's the "can't hurt and might help" advice. If it is software related, that should solve the problem. If it's a hardware issue, well, it won't help matters, but it won't make them any worse either. If you talk to service tech guys/gals who have to repair broken items, you'll learn that broken items often have fixed themselves by draining their battery out on the way to the service tech and once plugged in and recharged they're back to functioning normally.

I've had a couple of occasions where I've had to pull the battery from my smartphones to reboot them when none of the normal restarting options would work. A glitch in the software can create all kinds of chaos and lock up a device, but once all the power is gone, so is the glitch. It then loads a fresh version of its software and it's back to working like it did when new.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!