Frequent Contributor

The 10" NuVision tablet that I purchased last year has died almost exactly one year from the date of purchase. Naturally, the warranty expired at that time. Unfortunately, I really liked the tablet. It served my simple needs, and I love the 10" size. Oh well. Right now I am back to a smaller old tablet that the NuVision had replaced. I see that the 8" is the only one available now and doesn't have great reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

You may want to buy a Amazon Fire 10 tablet. Qvc has this tablet in stock.

You can find a case on Amazon. I buy Moko or Finite brand. 

Honored Contributor

You are fortunate that yours lasted a year.  Mine worked for two days, then died.  I sent it back.

Honored Contributor

Re: NuVision tablet died

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Nuttmeg @neetsPA

Before you make a decision on an Amazon Fire please be aware that this tablet does not support the Google Playstore, so if you have games/APPS from them, you may want to explore a different option.....Amazon tablets support Amazon APPS........Oh there's a roundabout pirate way to do it if you can get that to work but you might be jeopardizing your warranty and I would carefully read the warning that pops up .......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Nuttmeg @neetsPA

Before you make a decision on an Amazon Fire please be aware that this tablet does not support the Google Playstore, so if you have games/APPS from them, you may want to explore a different option.....Amazon tablets support Amazon APPS........Oh there's a roundabout pirate way to do it if you can get that to work but you might be jeopardizing your warranty and I would carefully read the warning that pops up .......

For the low price of owning a Fire tablet, I am willing to void the warranty with side-loading google on to it...I did it already for my Fire 7 and have not had one thing go wrong with it. By simply loading google on to it doesn't automatically void the warranty and this is explained in detail on amazon's site. What will void it, however, is if an app from google has derailed one of the amazon apps or made the tablet malfunction somehow due to a google app. May be difficult to prove.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@neetsPA,

There's a comparable 10" android tablet on HSN that you might be interested in. It's the 

RCA 10.1" HD IPS Quad-Core Android Tablet for around $100.  Choice of memory size, too.  On sale right now with free shipping and a 5-Flexpay option. Comes with choice of case as well as choice of tablet color.

Frequent Contributor

SilleeMee, thanks for the rec. I will check it out.

Respected Contributor

If you want a cheap tablet with a better screen than an ipad try the ASUS. I have a real cheap ASUS  Zenpad and the video quality is beyond  anything I ever seen. very True life.

Frequent Contributor

kcladyz, thanks for the rec. I actually have an older, smaller tablet that I have resurrected. I also purchased another NuVision (unfortunately) from HSN a couple months ago that has a detachable keyboard and Windows 10 operating system. I got it up and running with all the new updates yesterday. I must have had a premonition that the other tablet was going to go! Even though I am used to Windows on my laptop, I think I prefer Android for a tablet. It just seems so much simpler. Anyway, now I have both that are working. BTW, my laptop is and ASUS.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@neetsPA,

I don't know what kind of performance you need in a tablet or what you might be using it for, but I was just channel surfing and came by a Gigaset 10.1" Android tab for under $50 on evine...it's brand new, not a refurb. You might want to take a look.Woman Happy

473-354

ETA - I might buy this Gigaset just for a backup. The price is just too good to pass up.

If it means anything, the warranty is through LePan.

Glad I got this when I did. Price went up to $150 day after the sale.