Esteemed Contributor

Amazon pulling You tube off fire stick and Alexa show

Glad I didn't waste my money on the fire stick, because I watch you tube a lot. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon pulling You tube off fire stick and Alexa show

There's a lot more on Fire Stick than YouTube.  I have one TV set up with Roku and that where I watch my YouTube.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe@Kachina624I wonder why they are doing that?  Too much competition?  I have YouTube on all my devices and I use it a lot.  I am not sure Inwould buy something without it.  LM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Google Home must be more competition than they expected.  I know I went with Google Home over Alexa because I already had Chromecast and Android and it was way less expensive.  I still think it's petty though.  Amazon is obviously taking a page from Apple and trying to be a self contained elite home infrastructure.       

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can still add it if you enable debugging and installation of apps from unknown sources. This is sort of the same thing with Fire tablets and people are sideloading Google Play.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@BalletBabe@Kachina624I wonder why they are doing that?  Too much competition?  I have YouTube on all my devices and I use it a lot.  I am not sure Inwould buy something without it.  LM

@Lilysmom  The article says that they are having money disputes and are hoping to resolve it at some time.   I also have Roku and in my opinion it beats fire stick anyday.

Honored Contributor

I'm amazed at the variety of programming on YouTube these days and it's free.  That's probably the kicker, free.  I've even been able to watch the last 2 seasons of Heartland on YouTube.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Big companies tend to have spats like this fairly routinely. I suspect ad revenue and who gets it is the heart of the matter. Amazon and Nintendo brokeup a few years ago and Amazon stopped selling Nintendo hardware. They've patched things back up now though. Cable companies are always dropping channels due to disagreements on revenue. This will get worked out between the two at some point. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

My MBP is hooked up to my tv.  It's how I watch YouTube "movies" and/or "videos."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

Ohhhhh great. Just great. That's what I pretty much bought it for to add to a certain tv.

Thanks Amazon for making this wonderful decision AFTER your huge recent marketing blitz. You'll have to excuse me now, I have to go cuss........a lot.