Super Contributor

I'm not a super pro when it comes to texting.   I was wondering, I have a friend (only this person) who says he texted me but I never got it.  Yet no one else who I text with has that issue.

When I send texts it shows it was sent.  If someone sends a text and for some reason it doesn't go through to the recipient, do you - the sender - get a "can't be sent" or "undeliverable" message?

I have been receiving texts today from various people, but this one person says he sent it this morning.  I did get his reply when I asked if he got mine and had no issues with his replies. 

I am just wondering how it works or if this "friend" is just giving me a load of bull.

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

I have had one message on my phone saying "text failed" -  I have a very old Samsung phone from tracfone. 

Super Contributor

Re: Question About Texting

[ Edited ]

@cindyNC wrote:

I have had one message on my phone saying "text failed" -  I have a very old Samsung phone from tracfone. 

Cindy,

I would think you would get some message saying the text wasn't sent or not complete.

If he sent it the text went somewhere.   Nothing wrong with my phone, I was getting messages from others today no issues.

That is what I hate about texting over actually talking to someone.  They can ignore you, send you just emoji's with no words or response and then say they sent it but you never got it.  It's such an imperfect way to communicate in many ways.

I appreciate your response.   I think this friend was making excuses.

Honored Contributor

@Ladygray wrote:

I'm not a super pro when it comes to texting.   I was wondering, I have a friend (only this person) who says he texted me but I never got it.  Yet no one else who I text with has that issue.

When I send texts it shows it was sent.  If someone sends a text and for some reason it doesn't go through to the recipient, do you - the sender - get a "can't be sent" or "undeliverable" message?

I have been receiving texts today from various people, but this one person says he sent it this morning.  I did get his reply when I asked if he got mine and had no issues with his replies. 

I am just wondering how it works or if this "friend" is just giving me a load of bull.

Thanks.

I've had many texts not go through.

Super Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Ladygray wrote:

Thanks.

I've had many texts not go through.

Did you get a message that told you they didn't go through?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Ladygray, I've been texting for more years than I can count.  I've never known of a text not getting through - either mine to someone else, or someone else to me.

I've also never heard anyone say anything about this happening to them.  

Of course none of this means it doesn't happen.  I'm just sharing my experience, and hoping it will be helpful to you.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

He could be telling you the truth.  I've had it happen when I've sent people texts and when people have sent them to me.  They just seem to disappear.

Super Contributor

In my experience I receive an unable to deliver message if my text can't go through.  It's done that with the various phones I've had.  With my IPhone it will show if it goes as an I message or regular text message.  

Super Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Ladygray, I've been texting for more years than I can count.  I've never known of a text not getting through - either mine to someone else, or someone else to me.

I've also never heard anyone say anything about this happening to them.  

Of course none of this means it doesn't happen.  I'm just sharing my experience, and hoping it will be helpful to you.  Smiley Happy

Susan,

Thanks I appreciate the info.   This isn't the first time this person has told me that.  We both have android phones too. 

All these replies are good to know.   If this friend is making it up, I have no idea why you would lie about something like that.  Just say he was too busy and didn't get a chance to reply.   Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Honored Contributor

i have had texts that were not received by others....sometimes.

sometimes i am on a group text with my daughters. one will get it, one wont.

we have different cell services. i have att, they have verizon.

no, i did not get any notice that the text had failed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein