Respected Contributor

Photo program for a Mac

[ Edited ]

I need a photo editing and organizing program.  I've used iPhoto since I switched to Apple and I can't use it with Catalina.  Photos irritates me and I hate the way it organizes your photos.  With iPhoto, your downloads were grouped together and showed one picture plus the date.  No matter what style I choose, year, month, day, Photos shows all of the pictures when you open the program.  The photos are different sizes making it hard for me to find what I want. 

I want a program where I can organize the way I want to and create folders or albums to stay organized.  I have thousands of photos and I can't have them all showing and I have to scroll through them all to find what I want.  Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't downloaded Catalina because of all I've heard about it.  Did you check your app store to see what programs are available?  Hopefully, any that show up there are compatible.

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

I need a photo editing and organizing program.  I've used iPhoto since I switched to Apple and I can't use it with Catalina.  Photos irritates me and I hate the way it organizes your photos.  With iPhoto, your downloads were grouped together and showed one picture plus the date.  No matter what style I choose, year, month, day, Photos shows all of the pictures when you open the program.  The photos are different sizes making it hard for me to find what I want. 

I want a program where I can organize the way I want to and create folders or albums to stay organized.  I have thousands of photos and I can't have them all showing and I have to scroll through them all to find what I want.  Thanks. 

good luck and let me know when you find that 

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

you can set up albums on the mac/phone with the stuff you like in them which I do , but the default is always by date