New Contributor

QVC problem with Dell computers

Apparently even inprocess computer orders are not being processed by Dell for QVC. Check your accounts for canceled orders. Very sad business practice. Waited a month for in process computer and Dell has cancelled. Unfortunately I recommended these Dell computers through QVC to a number of colleagues who have also had the same experience. So take any Dell computer orders with a grain of salt. Be ready to tie up funds/credit but not receive. Be ready to anticipate & wait....& wait & be assured it is shipping....& wait & wait and again have QVC assure you of shipping & wait & wait....surprise...NOT SHIPPING. Apparently DELL is not fulfilling QVC orders.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC problem with Dell computers

Another reason to buy local or directly from the manufacturer.

Respected Contributor

If you want a Dell computer, go to the Dell website. You can choose the computer that best fits your needs. You can also choose a service and support program that Dell claims is completely US based. There are usually attractive deals available. The same holds true for HP computers and especially any Apple products. We purchase Apple products only from the Apple Store on-line, or an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorized Reseller. That way we are sure of what we're getting.

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2014 glb613 said:

Another reason to buy local or directly from the manufacturer.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

And yet they can't program them enough, it seems... Maybe if they weren't on constantly they'd actually be able to fulfill orders, which I always thought was the goal of retailers. Regardless, this isn't the place for me to buy electronics or small appliances.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I bought a Dell from QVC I have no problems with Dell or QVC. I enjoy shopping on QVC I checked prices on other websites and in the stores before I bought my computer and QVC still had the best deal for me on a Dell.

If people want a Apple go to Apple if you rather order from HP or Dell's website go there but for me I rather buy from QVC if I can get a deal and I been a customer a lot of years.

New Contributor

Frustrating that Dell/QVC ordering is so problematic. The QVC channel/info does a great job advertising. Wish their delivery/customer service matched. After research & consideration time of these computers Dell or QVC can't fulfill orders or has you order and then cancels without contacting customer. Had to cancel credit card authorization with QVC to prevent being billed for cancelled computer--additional hassle. But better safe than sorry. Deals look good but lots of complaints on Dell/QVC reviews. Unsure how good a Dell/QVC deal actually is when ordering/actual delivery is problematic.

Anyone have experience with arrival of malfunctioning DELL laptops & how QVC return policies actually play out? Is the 30 days from arrival or order date (Dell takes about 30 days to ship after order date--is this a problem?)?

Honored Contributor

I bought my Dell from QVC when it was a TSV in late Fall.

I use it for work and haven't had any problems, except I don't really like Windows 8.

Respected Contributor

A suggestion: if you live near a Best Buy, go look there. I got a Dell for less than $400 a couple of weeks ago with no-interest financing for 18 months. Much easier than trying to order one, and wait for it...etc.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/21/2014 Medicus7 said:

Frustrating that Dell/QVC ordering is so problematic. The QVC channel/info does a great job advertising. Wish their delivery/customer service matched. After research & consideration time of these computers Dell or QVC can't fulfill orders or has you order and then cancels without contacting customer. Had to cancel credit card authorization with QVC to prevent being billed for cancelled computer--additional hassle. But better safe than sorry. Deals look good but lots of complaints on Dell/QVC reviews. Unsure how good a Dell/QVC deal actually is when ordering/actual delivery is problematic.

Anyone have experience with arrival of malfunctioning DELL laptops & how QVC return policies actually play out? Is the 30 days from arrival or order date (Dell takes about 30 days to ship after order date--is this a problem?)?

You have many questions about a sale. Your best bet would be to buy direct from Dell. I have been buying Dell computers for 21 years. I would not buy one for QVC. They do not give enough info about the parts inside the computer.