Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Selling New IPad -- To expensive!!

@Q4u wrote:

I've had my IPad for several years.  I knew exactly what I was doing by buying it off QVC and it was the EZ payments that sold me because there was no way I could afford it without them.  

My iPad is the original large one (which I LOVE)... with the whole package, including keyboard, etc, etc.  Did I get ripped off?  No, I agreed to the price, was grateful for the EZ pay and shopped around and found it was the most convenient for me.

Kind of like the food you buy here.... you know you can get a big ham for $28 at the supermarket.... but you choose to pay $75 for one because it'll come right to your doorstep.  While I don't buy the food... I do buy other things once in awhile because the item is offered as a package and it's offered on EZ pay. On some things I find to be absolutely worth it ....

Also some people are not shopping savy and do not price shop and think they are getting a deal when they are not.  Sometimes these shopping channels have a great deal, Sometimes not.  Monthly payments is a plus.

Esteemed Contributor

@blankette wrote:

QVC thinks Granma and Grandpa do not know the difference, lol....

@blankette wrote:

@blankette wrote:

And in most cases they do not know the difference.

Respected Contributor

The otherday i was placing an order for a new case for my kindle and walmart tried to charge me $350 shipping. So funny I took a screen shot. Talk about expensive!Capture.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was checking out at the grocery store a few months ago and my chicken wings rung up a some ridiculous amount.  The package label said $6 but for some reason it rung up for like $60.00.

Customer service was really perplexed by that.  THey couldn't get it to scan for the higher amount again no matter what they did to that package.  They also had to manually do the refund because when they scanned it, it came up the label price, not the incorrect scanned price.

You have to watch everything these days.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@blankette wrote:

@blankette wrote:

@blankette wrote:

Well, I am educating them by posting here. BUYER BEWARE!

Honored Contributor

at the risk of being yelled at

a customer could save for 2/3 months and have the amount to buy the iPad and save some money.

but that is their business

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

at the risk of being yelled at

a customer could save for 2/3 months and have the amount to buy the iPad and save some money.

but that is their business

Some folks can not even afford to do that.... There is rent .. food  and other bills.  That is why a more inexpensive device is the way to go.  

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@blankette wrote:

@blankette wrote:

@blankette wrote:

Speak for yourself. I've been using a wide variety of electronic devices for 40+ years and have had a personal computer for 25 years. I price compare and research everything I buy. 

I would never buy a computer, tablet or camera from QVC. It takes 2 mins to determine they sell overpriced, outdated mdse the manufacturer can't wait to dump, or pad the price with $200 "worth" of unnecessary kwap that can be bought for $25.

I have gone into Best Buy or Fry's many times looking for a computer or other electronic and determined the first time they opened their mouth that I knew far more of what I was asking about than the 20 year old clerk.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all