Esteemed Contributor

QVC Selling New IPad -- To expensive!!

I saw today that QVC is selling the new IPad in a bundle.It includes a neoprene case,a keyboard case, & a tempered glass screensaver. the price is $480+$11.47 for shipping.Tomorrow they said the price goes up to $549!!

In April I ordered the iPad off of the Apple website for $329 which included free shipping. I ordered a really nice case from Amazon,without the keyboard,& a tempered glass screensaver for a total of $15.If I had chosen a case with the Bluetooth keyboard it would have cost about $10 more. The neoprene case sells for about $10 on Amazon.

QVC is supposed to offer better deals than what is sold in the marketplace.Atleast they used to!! I spent $344.If I had bought the keyboard case & the neoprene case I would have spent $364 vs $480 or $549+$11.47!! Am I missing something here?

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Selling New IPad -- To expensive!!

Comparison shopping.  When it comes to these devices you have to consider many things and options and compare carefully.  Lots of times you get a better choice of colors that are not found elsewhere.  If you feel you got the better deal, why not just be happy with that.

Esteemed Contributor

I carefully looked over what was offered vs what I purchased there is basically no difference other than cost.I am happy that I got the better deal.Just wanted to give a heads up to my forum friends,that's all.

Valued Contributor

No, you didn't. Apple products are not a good deal on the "Q" unless easy pay and extras are what the consumer is looking for. I always comparison shop before I buy. The "Q" used to have better prices than other retailers most of the time, but that isn't the case now. The only items I find consistently at better prices are make-up and sometimes skin care. I gave up on many other things because I am not interested in paying shipping both ways if I have to return something.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

Are the models exactly the same?  The shopping channels have the bad habit of buying up obsolete models right before the new ones are released. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatLoverDogsToo If you read my original post you will see that I basically said what you said.I didn't buy my IPad on QVC but rather through the Apple website.My second post was in response to the previous persons comments. I think the QVC offer is a bad one .I got the better deal because I purchased my tablet directly from Apple not QVC, & I purchased the accessories from Amazon!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Yes the tablets are exactly the same.Both are the new 2017 iPad.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This isn't at all a new thing QVC is doing - they've sold outdated, old technology on closeout from manufacturers trying to dump their old stock for as long as I can remember. Their profit comes in the extremely inflated prices for all the kwappy bottom of the barrel made in China extras that most people don't need or want or already have. Any of it you do want would cost much, much less from Amazon or Best Buy or even Big Lots, Dollar Tree or Ross.

If they don't buy huge lots of outdated devices and inflate the value and the worth & prices of the extras, they wouldn't make the profit they want to make on these items.

I feel sorry for anyone who buys electronics from QVC - i.e. for anyone who believes he electronics they sell are the latest model, and a good price. No - just no - not that I have ever seen. HSN will occasionally have something that's market competitive, but QVC? Very rarely if ever.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I saw today that QVC is selling the new IPad in a bundle.It includes a neoprene case,a keyboard case, & a tempered glass screensaver. the price is $480+$11.47 for shipping.Tomorrow they said the price goes up to $549!!

In April I ordered the iPad off of the Apple website for $329 which included free shipping. I ordered a really nice case from Amazon,without the keyboard,& a tempered glass screensaver for a total of $15.If I had chosen a case with the Bluetooth keyboard it would have cost about $10 more. The neoprene case sells for about $10 on Amazon.

QVC is supposed to offer better deals than what is sold in the marketplace.Atleast they used to!! I spent $344.If I had bought the keyboard case & the neoprene case I would have spent $364 vs $480 or $549+$11.47!! Am I missing something here?

EZ pay.  That is the main reason people buy from QVC.  The second reason?  You have 30 days to return.  We have encouraged people to compare prices, save their money until they can buy it without payments and it falls on deaf ears.  So, I stopped feeling sorry for those people who get ripped off. 

Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  I was AGREEING with you.  Geez.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen