Honored Contributor

I see they are selling the Microsoft Surface 3 today at a good price. Now I know there is a Surface 4 out. I just wish they would be upfront and tell me this is not the latest model. I don't buy electronic products often so when I do I want the latest and greatest. Now some people don't really care and like getting a good deal, I just don't like people who don't know think this is the latest model. I also noticed an Apple MacBook (I'm not too familiar with it) but I would bet money this also isn't the latest model.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC, Just Be Honest With Me

Why even wonder? I just assume that whatever electronic they sell is 1-3 generations old/behind or a product that got bad reviews(cameras for instance) and didn't sell.

The Surface they're selling is close to $100 overpriced even with the case/keyboard. No one needs the other carp.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I see they are selling the Microsoft Surface 3 today at a good price. Now I know there is a Surface 4 out. I just wish they would be upfront and tell me this is not the latest model. I don't buy electronic products often so when I do I want the latest and greatest. Now some people don't really care and like getting a good deal, I just don't like people who don't know think this is the latest model. I also noticed an Apple MacBook (I'm not too familiar with it) but I would bet money this also isn't the latest model.

@Jordan2

You're right, most of the tech sold here is never the latest edition of that product and they never disclose that, hoping no one notices.

They add a bunch of unnecessary accessories to make the 'retail' value seem higher, so the Q price seems like such a bargain. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do my homework before I make a major purchase no matter who the retailer is.

Honored Contributor

Just the way the salespeople do ay my local chain store.   Sure they do ---not.

Honored Contributor

It's up to the buyer to know that.  You should know what you are buying.

Contributor

I only see the Surface Pro 4 on the QVC website so I don't know what the promo price of the Pro 3 was however I could buy the same model of the Pro 4 for $899 and the keyboard for 129 from The Microsoft store. The stylus comes with the machine. Shipping is free. Total delivered price $1030, not including tax. QVC wants $1399 plus over $23 shipping. That is a 38% markup presumably their charge for 6 easy payments. QVC should be ashamed of themselves.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unless a sales person is attempting to upsell you on something, no one in their right mind tells a buyer how great a product is but that it;s not as good as another when that other is not available.

That's like going to a Toyota dealership and having a salesman sell you a car but say "It's not as good as a BMW."

Being an educated, informed consumer is incumbemt upon the buyer.

Esteemed Contributor

@ariane wrote:
I only see the Surface Pro 4 on the QVC website so I don't know what the promo price of the Pro 3 was however I could buy the same model of the Pro 4 for $899 and the keyboard for 129 from The Microsoft store. The stylus comes with the machine. Shipping is free. Total delivered price $1030, not including tax. QVC wants $1399 plus over $23 shipping. That is a 38% markup presumably their charge for 6 easy payments. QVC should be ashamed of themselves.

My Mom always told us, my sister and me, Let the buyer beware. She would tell us this in Latin "Caveat emptor"

Honored Contributor

QVC gets away with how they sell their electronics not so much by outright lies (though they don't rule 'em out either), but by what they DON'T say. In this they are not different than other retailers, but with QVC it's their stock in trade - it's the main way they do business - which is not so true of other retailers.

I have NO sympathy for people who come to the forums, ask, and ignore advice and purchase here anyway, when they come back and complain that whatever is a piece of junk. Most of the time it's user ignorance anyway. I have never in 20+ years of owning personal computers, had one severely malfunction because of any fault with the hardware or software (but of course I know HDs crash). If it didn't do what I needed it to do, that was because I just didn't know the proper way to go about it.  My fault. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all