Valued Contributor

Problems with log in on Facebook

Lately I can't log into Facebook web site on my laptop. (I can get on if I use the app or iPad and phone apps.) I keep getting a message that says "this feature isn't available right now." Anyone know how I can access the web site from my laptop again?

Respected Contributor

Re: Problems with log in on Facebook

What browser are you using?  Clear temp files, cookies and history.  Restart your computer if you haven't done this is n the last few days.  If that doesn't work, try another browser. 

Honored Contributor

@Marybella, which browser are you using (and what kind of laptop)?   The first thing I'd try is a different browser to see if I got the same result, because there might be an issue with your browser settings, version, addons/extensions, etc.

(Also, be sure you've cleared your browser cookies/cache/website data, and that you have the most recent version.)

If you still see the message with a different browser, I'm wondering if you've changed anything in your Facebook settings?   Do you use Facebook apps (sometimes those can cause problems)?   Just brainstorming here...  someone else might know what the issue is.  Doing an internet search quickly, I see this has been reported many times and so far I don't see any other solutions.

If all else fails, you can login to your account on the iPad or iPhone and use the "Report a problem" so Facebook techs can look at your account and see if it's blocking the device for some reason.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

I have been attempting to log in using Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer. I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. I have cleared caches and history, restarted and cursed. Nothing works! LOL I Googled, too, for help and couldn't find any solutions. I am using the Facebook app on the computer, but I just started to use it when I couldn't get into the website, itself. Thanks for the advice!

Honored Contributor

@Marybella wrote:

I have been attempting to log in using Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer. I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. I have cleared caches and history, restarted and cursed. Nothing works! LOL I Googled, too, for help and couldn't find any solutions. I am using the Facebook app on the computer, but I just started to use it when I couldn't get into the website, itself. Thanks for the advice!

Hah!    I understand the cursing!Smiley  Sorry this is happening to you -- I know it's frustrating.   If you can't think of anything that was changed since the last time you were able to login from the laptop...  probably reporting the issue to them would be a good idea.   Best of luck to you, @Marybella!Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Marybella wrote:

Hah!    I understand the cursing!Smiley  Sorry this is happening to you -- I know it's frustrating.   If you can't think of anything that was changed since the last time you were able to login from the laptop...  probably reporting the issue to them would be a good idea.   Best of luck to you, @Marybella!Smiley

I didn't change anything, or at least I don't think I did! I tried reporting it to FB, but not sure they really care. I like FB, if only to see pictures of my little grandsons! Thanks, dooBdoo!