Honored Contributor

What does it mean when you can't move the cursor, I have a wire connected mouse.

Respected Contributor

Make sure it is solidly plugged in. Clean any dust, cat hair, etc. from the underside.

Honored Contributor

Need a new mouse?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@depglass

Try rebooting (shutting it down and restart) your computer. Mouse could have gone bad, so, luckily reasonable to replace. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

What does it mean when you can't move the cursor, I have a wire connected mouse.

@depglass

If it has a optical light on the bottom, at times they just need to we wiped off. They can pick up dust/debris and effect their cursor movement. Might try unplugging or plugging into a different USB port.

I don't fool with them a whole lot as they are not real expensive to replace. I use only a wired mouse.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Occasional Contributor

Batteries or you need a new mouse.

Honored Contributor

@depglass,

The same thing happened to me last week. I tried new batteries, but, no luck! I went to Staples and bought a new wireless mouse and everything was just fine! Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

@depglass- If it securely ported and the light on the underside isn't lit, then it had died and you have to replace it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with mouse

[ Edited ]

Inplug it from your computer, remove (delete) the device (mouse) from Device Manager then plug the mouse back in. If your computer does not recognize the mouse then you need to get another one.