Occasional Contributor

Re: Price change after you have ordered

Unfortunately I am one of those that refuses store credit. To me that is a cheap tactic to make you buy more from a retailer. When that has ever happened in the past, after I was done using the store credit I stop doing business with that retailer.

Super Contributor

Like the others said, when you get the item call CS and they will credit the difference. I keep an eye on things I've purchased that have gone on clearance and always call for the credit. Last week, an item I purchased previously became a one time only $12 less than I paid so I called and as a one time courtesy, they refunded the $12. Very nice.
Trusted Contributor

I bought a computer (well technically a Notebook) last year and about 2 weeks later it went to a clearance price with free s&h. I had paid like $28 in just shipping. I called CS and they credited me for the item price difference but the rep said they couldn't refund the s&h because when I bought the Notebook it had upgraded shipping, whatever that means. I pressed the issue and the rep left to go talk to her mgr and came back and credited me the $28 for s&h.

Like others have said, you will have to wait until you receive your item before CS can refund the price difference.

Occasional Contributor

The CS I had talked to was good and did try, the process had progressed too far. I will contact them again after my order arrives if I don't hear anything from them (corporate). My order is for a DSLR so the price drop so soon after my order is a signifagant amount.

Thanks again for your inputs Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Update: The price got adjusted{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} even though I have not gotten an email yet. Now delivery itself became a nightmare for a few hours. UPS put a wrong destination city and placed their label over the packing slip obscuring most of the address. Made a call to them and they got on it. Turns out when the guy who delivers in our area heard about our package being misdelivered, he promptly went to where it had been left and delivered it to us. He took the shipping label with him to show others the mistake. He was not happy least to say lol.