Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo : I hate to bother u but please help. The problem that I had 9/13/19  with My accurate forecast under email settings. When I went under settings to follow your previous helps - after I selected general - no profiles or Profiles & Device Management listed. I will make a screen shot and post again. Thank you, Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

5BBB730D-34B7-49A4-B530-50B1237E7D39.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging@dooBdoo

[ Edited ]

Hi, @SouthernBee!    You never bother me!❤️   I need to get back up to speed on this...  are you still getting the unwanted ads that were spawned by this malicious software, or are you seeing other problems causing you to look into this?   

If no profiles are installed, then we aren't supposed to see the section in Settings, General, for "Profiles or Profiles & Device Management" so that's not a problem.      After you took the steps, earlier, you removed the bad, unwanted profile.

Just for info, here's a link to our earlier thread:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Electronics/IPad-junk-mail/td-p/5702649/highlight/true

And here's Apple's official guide to remove the malware:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205347

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

3291841D-EDBA-4821-ACDD-600B9E7C51EE.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was back today under accounts. Tried to delete. Southern Bee ^^^^

Honored Contributor

803519C5-A2AA-4AB1-8BA9-97B24B505264.png

Honored Contributor

5540C386-05FE-42AF-9B43-D7B1D7F8E346.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee wrote:

This was back today under accounts. Tried to delete. Southern Bee ^^^^

@SouthernBee,  What happens when you try to delete it?   

Also, did you make any changes at all today to the iPad?   

After removing the profile (earlier), did you completely shut down and then reboot the device?  (Hard reboot, courtesy of "LIfewire's" great description:   Hold down the home and on/off buttons at the same time.   Continue holding the buttons even after the slider appears on the screen.   The screen will eventually go black.   When the Apple logo appears, let go of the buttons and let the iPad start up like normal.)

If you haven't done so, also do a backup/sync of the iPad to remove all the Analytics/Diagnostic data to see if that helps. 

This bad actor might still be hiding in memory or even in other data stored.   I'd start by completely deleting the Yahoo mail account for the moment, and then take these other steps listed above to see if that removes the residual junk, and then later add Yahoo mail back, fresh, to the device.     

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Today had new tracfone activated and no problems with that until trying to add email account to use and text. Email account not changed info but would not accept password- tried every tip listed and last suggested to call yahoo and had to pay a fee for them to help.Changed yahoo configuration on iPad. On new phone after help sent text then second text asked for yahoo account information change. When checked iPad settings notice that previous problem. Last time in September when everything completed did shut down and reboot. Just deleted yahoo account. Can't remember how to locate backup/sync or analytics diagnostics. Appreciate your help.Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBeeSounds like you still have bad data hanging around on the iPad and when you add the mail account back in it's picking it up.   For that reason, I'd completely remove the Yahoo mail account for the moment.

At some point in this troubleshooting, be sure to do that hard reboot to clear out some unwanted data.

About the Analytics data, you don't need to access it to remove it.   (However, if you want to look at it you'll find it located under Settings, Privacy, Analytics, Analytics Data -- it takes up a lot of space and also eventually can cause problems, so it's wise to allow its removal now and then.)    To my knowledge, the only way to remove it is a backup/sync (or, of course, a complete device erase/restore).   

It's important to backup/sync your device regularly if only to be sure you have the security of that backup.   I still prefer to open iTunes on my Mac and do the backup/sync there...  but here's Apple's info to show you some options:

"How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch"

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977