Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Husband entering room while wife is watching QVC.

Husband asks a good question.....    

Does QVC offer anything other than computers and pajamas????

Respected Contributor

Re: Observatiom

[ Edited ]

Did you tell him those are the EXCITING items?!?!?

Have him come back in when it's Dyson vacuums, beds, Josie Maran, Philosophy, MCM snips,  Halo Bolts, or Gourmet overpriced foods!

And don't let him miss hours of Vitamix....which, as you know, is so much MORE than a blender!!!

And the latest iteration of throws and Comfies, or droopy overpriced "shackets" with no buttons. Ask him how he'd like to be wheeling a heavy full cart of groceries down the parking lot lanes back to the car with 20 degree wind blowing with no way to CLOSE those silly jackets!!!!

He needs to get the full on experience to understand!!!

Honored Contributor

@Deeze   I've certainly managed to spend thousands of dollars without buying any PJ's from them ever/  Did buy a computer once -  worked well, and died well over the average life of laptops, but I've been buying as much from local retailers as I can.  I have little need at this point for QVC although I do still a few Auto-deliveries.

By the by -  In each of the last 3 years, I have spent more at QVC than I did at Nordstrom , Kohl's, Target, and Macy's, and Amazon  COMBINED! 

That is true in spite of the fact that I spent much less than usual at QVC in these last 3 years. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's called friendly brainwashing............at first you know you don't need or want

that product.  As the hours go by you start to change thinking.......well, that ?  might be handy to have...............

now that I think about ([product)  it is cute - warm - fuzzy - or

perhaps my daughter might like it for Christmas............

end of presentations...........you buy it = Sale Made

Respected Contributor

@Deeze wrote:

Husband entering room while wife is watching QVC.

Husband asks a good question.....    

Does QVC offer anything other than computers and pajamas????

I had to laugh about your husband's comments. I have felt the say way at times. My husband frequently asks if there is anything interesting on QVC. He buys, too. He will walk into the room where I am and complain because all QVC is showing today is clothing. I have tried to explain that Monday is for fashion.  His favorite host is Dan, and he is a big fan of the weekend programming which does not usually appeal to me. I should set up his own account so QVC knows a man is ordering.

Esteemed Contributor

@Deeze 

Speaking as a Male gender. There was another thread titled something like this: "What Item do you think QVC should drop"?

My reply was pretty simple for me. I know it from just checking their listings of programming on my TV providers daily grid guide. I only watch shows I DVR, and it is very rare I do so for QVC.

What it is not, is a network, that too many of my gender will find very interesting. Did I not have DVR, which has Fast Forwarding?  I would have no idea what they sell.

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)