Valued Contributor

Not receiving text notifications

For some reason, I am not receiving notifications for texts. I have a Tracfone Samsung Galaxy a10 and it seems like all at once I don't receive any kind of musical tone or badge notification with a text. The sound is on. Any ideas? I have to keep checking to see if I have any new messages. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Not receiving text notifications

[ Edited ]

Try turning your phone off/on to see if it works. Send yourself a test text.

You can also Google techwiser samsung notification not working & click on it to see the 12 best fixes with pictures plus instructions.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marybella- Check to see if "Do Not Distrub" has be accidently activated in Settings.

Respected Contributor

@Marybella wrote:

For some reason, I am not receiving notifications for texts. I have a Tracfone Samsung Galaxy a10 and it seems like all at once I don't receive any kind of musical tone or badge notification with a text. The sound is on. Any ideas? I have to keep checking to see if I have any new messages. 

Marybella-we are having the same problem with our NEW Motorola.  All notifications work except for Texts and EMail.  We tried everything and checked settings.  Very frustrating indeed!! If you solve the problem please post it!

Honored Contributor

I'd recommend you try changing the default notification sound. Pick one that's really annoying. To do this click on Settings, Sounds & vibration, Advanced, then scroll down to Default notification sound. There should be about a gazillion options. Pick the one that annoys you the most and makes you grind your teeth every time you hear it. Odds are you'll discover you're getting the notifications again. I thought I wasn't getting them until I reset my sounds to something really annoying and then I discovered that I was in fact, getting them, but had gotten used to the old sound and ignored it. Once I made it something really annoying, I found out how often I was getting the notifications and ended up going back to a sound I could ignore.

As humans (I'm assuming you are a human) we get used to certain sounds and they just fade into the background, and we ignore them. If you make the notification sound into something that really annoys you, you won't ignore it. You may throw your phone against a wall, but you won't ignore it. Odds are in a few hours' time you'll decide, "You know what, I don't really need to know when I get notifications. Let's go back to the old sound."

That's what I did. (Also, while in "Sounds and vibration" check to be sure the notification volume is all the way up.) Good luck!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!