Honored Contributor

Re: “Not Secure” websites on Safari after iOS 12.2 upgrade

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Another ‘Thank You’ from me. 😚

I encountered this situation a few weeks ago when I Googled a website I have visited many times before.  When I clicked on the Google link, I got the unsecure notification, which surprised me.  But when I typed in the URL myself in the address bar, it was secure.  (Using Safari, also)

You're welcome, @geezerette!    The change is a bit jarring when we first see the unexpected notation.    I think it's great that everyone here noticed it -- that's a sign that all of you are keenly aware of online security, watchful and mindful, informed and alert.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

You're welcome, @ Montana, and thank you for that nice compliment!❤️   

Here’s another compliment for you @dooBdoo !!

I use several congenial musician’s sites, and I’d be lost without them! Glad to know the “warnings” are not as serious as they appear!

Enjoy your day!

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

You're welcome, @ Montana, and thank you for that nice compliment!❤️   

Here’s another compliment for you @dooBdoo !!

I use several congenial musician’s sites, and I’d be lost without them! Glad to know the “warnings” are not as serious as they appear!

Enjoy your day!

Thank you, @violann!   I hope you have a lovely day, too!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thanks @dooBdoo! I thought it was because the website was using an expired certificate, but your post makes much more sense.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼