Respected Contributor
@Marp, Thanks for the info. I was going to download it, but got a funky message, so didn't proceed. Darn.

I knew when I got this new phone that I'd have to say goodbye to NoLed. I came to like the floating contact pics lol.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
@Marp, Thanks for the info. I was going to download it, but got a funky message, so didn't proceed. Darn.

I knew when I got this new phone that I'd have to say goodbye to NoLed. I came to like the floating contact pics lol.

@Moonlady,  what kind of funky message?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor
@Marp after I hit "install," a dialog box appeared and read something like "installing this app may harm your device." I'd never gotten a warning before downloading an app, so I didn't proceed, especially since I recently got this phone. I thought about ignoring it 🤔 because I like NoLED....

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonlady, I am 99.999% sure that warning is because it was not downloaded from the playstore.  I have been using it for months with no problems.

Of course the final decision is yours but I personally would and did install it on my phone.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor
@Marp, Thank you! I did it! I received an even more ominous message, so I did some research, and it seems that, yes, apps not downloaded from the Play Store aren't vetted and "approved" (by Google, of course). When the box popped up to change the setting to allow the download, I ticked it--and the app is EXACTLY what I had previously.

I recognized all of the NoLED app settings, too. I went ahead and set the contact photo to appear, instead of the dot, for certain contacts, and it works like a charm! I love the small floating contact photos lol.

I think the wise thing to do is allow downloads from unknown sources on a case-by-case basis, which is what I ultimately decided to do. Also, I checked the phone's "app scan," and the NoLED app is listed there, and has already been checked, with a "no problems detected" notation.

Thanks, again!

Regular Contributor

@Marp  - received my phone today and downloaded the NoLED and works great.  Thanks for your help.....