Esteemed Contributor

I had to replace my  and to my dismay NoLED is no longer available from Google Playstore.

Is there another app that works like NoLED?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

what is the NoLED app?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Marp

1. PLUS BEAT

Plus Beat was one of the first apps we tested, and we were quite impressed by its features. Crafted by XDA Developers forum member Vishal Dubey, this app creates a pulsating effect on the ambient display.

Top 4 Alternatives For Notification Led On The One Plus 6 T 58

Like most Android apps, you can tweak many features of the app including the pulsating interval. Also, you can select which apps you want the notifications for. You can do away with unimportant notifications. To add to it, you can choose the color of the icons.

Top 4 Alternatives For Notification Led On The One Plus 6 T 16Top 4 Alternatives For Notification Led On The One Plus 6 T 17

You'd need to disable the battery optimization for Plus Beat to do its work. Also, the battery will drain faster if you keep a low interval. An interval of 60 seconds worked well for me. After all, you wouldn't the app to distract you often, right?

What I loved about this app is its Stealth Mode feature. Enabling it will display only the app icons, and not the incoming messages.

2. PIXEL PULSE

Similar to Plus Beat, Pixel Pulse lets you have both the icon and the notification icon on the ambient display. And akin to it, there's a lot of room for customization.

Top 4 Alternatives For Notification Led On The One Plus 6 T 19Top 4 Alternatives For Notification Led On The One Plus 6 T 20

This one allows you to set up quiet hours to stop the notifications for a particular period. Apart from that, you can also specify the start time and the end time for this app.

Some features are paid, and you'd need to unlock the pro version by donating any amount to the developer.

3. NOLED

NoLED plays a different game altogether. It doesn't bother you with floating messages or pulsating notifications. Instead, it displays tiny little notification dots. The dots move around to prevent screen burns.

Top 4 Alternatives For Notification Led On The One Plus 6 T 56

Since the app is a bit old, the default apps are also older. Hence you'd need to add the apps you want to monitor manually. Also, you can cycle between app icons and dots. I found the dot to be the better choice.

Top 4 Alternatives For Notification Led On The One Plus 6 T 22Top 4 Alternatives For Notification Led On The One Plus 6 T 1

It's worth noting that NoLED can display multiple notification dots and the colors can be modified accordingly. Besides that, you can tweak it to show the app icon.

Top 4 Alternatives For Notification Led On The One Plus 6 T 57

Quite obviously, you have to say goodbye to the ambient display of your OnePlus 6T. Thankfully, this app allows you to display time and day. If that's a deal you are willing to make, NoLED is the best app to have.

4. FLASH NOTIFICATION FOR ALL APP

Flash Notification for All App is the best option if you don't want to mess around with the screen. The interface may look a bit dated, but rest assured that it does its job well. Not only can you pick the flash duration but you can also select the repeat interval. You may want to keep the values a bit on the higher side to save battery juice.

Top 4 Alternatives For Notification Led On The One Plus 6 T 2Top 4 Alternatives For Notification Led On The One Plus 6 T 3

Quite naturally, you can select your default notification apps like WhatsApp, Gmail, and Messages. This app takes a step further and even lets you add the flash notification to calls.

Top 4 Alternatives For Notification Led On The One Plus 6 T 4

All you need to do is toggle the switch for the unread message count, missed calls, and set the notification apps and you will be sorted.

Top 4 Alternatives For Notification Led On The One Plus 6 T 5
NOTE: Test the Flash Type before setting it up. Usually, Flash Type #2 works for the OnePlus 6T.
Esteemed Contributor

@butterfly123,  thank you very much for so much detailed information.  I've used NoLED for years and it is perfect for my needs.  I need to avoid flashing and pulsing which has been complicating my search for a replacement.

I haven't given up finding a source to download NoLED but I will also check out the apps you listed.  Mail and texts are all I really need to monitor so it being old, like me, doesn't bother me in the least.

Again, thank you for going out of your way to provide so much information.

Honored Contributor

@Marp

You’re welcome. I’m hoping @dooBdoo may have some suggestions also.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp

I'm alarmed to hear it's not available. I still use NoLED on both of my phones and I've recommended it here several times. 

The beautiful simplicity of that app is probably going to be hard to match.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Marp

You’re welcome. I’m hoping @dooBdoo may have some suggestions also.

Hi, @butterfly123!   Thanks for the shoutout!   My mobile device experience has been with Apple's products and their associated apps.   I wish I could help, @Marp.   I can understand avoiding flashing/pulsing -- those are triggers for migraines.  (sigh)   I'll ask some tech pals and see if they have any recommendations and if they do I'll post them here.   That's a bummer to lose a valued app.   I had a weather app that was wonderful, and the developer decided to abandon it -- I haven't found another one I like nearly as well.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Regular Contributor

@Marp- I wonder if you found any app to replace NoLED?  I thinking about upgrading my phone, but don't want to lose this app.  Thanks 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ms Nixie wrote:

@Marp- I wonder if you found any app to replace NoLED?  I thinking about upgrading my phone, but don't want to lose this app.  Thanks 

@Ms Nixie,  I found something better--NoLED!!!  I found and downloaded it at:   noled.en.uptodown.com/android

I had the 6.0.20 version on my old phone and that is what I installed on the new phone but the site also has the 2.0.19 version available.  I do not know what differences there may be.

Regular Contributor

@Marp- thanks I will checked that out.