Super Contributor

Re: Next Tracfone TSV on QVC or HSN?

[ Edited ]

@waterlily

Hi, I checked the Tracfone website, and see what I mistakenly called "regular cards"are listed as basic phone plans for smartphones.  The basic phone plans for smartphone cards have equal amounts of talk, text & data in units that are already tripled, while the smartphone cards offer different combinations of talk, text & data, which are not able to be tripled. I buy my cards online from Tracfone's website, as a 4500 minutes, texts & data card is $199. (with fees & tax, $216.00). There are several versions at different price points available.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Hope this helps. I'll check back to see if you have any other questions.

PS if you, or anyone else would be looking for these, on Tracfone's website, click on shop>shop plans now> enter your phone number, when the page loads, scroll down.

Valued Contributor

Your answer was quite helpful - I have put off the "smartphone" purchase because well- my LG306 still works but my husband would rather have 2 cans and a piece of string if he could- so when I mention it- he says "what do you need a smartphone for? WELL- I don't talk a lot I don't text a lot- and I don't play games because I don't have too many people I need it for- What i would like it for is store apps basically- and I haven't been able to justify that with a big tag smart phone --- I've been looking at the Samsung galaxy tracfones but seeing all the questions regarding the triple minutes and whether they will triple on the smartphones as they do now- it seems even the tracfone reps can't agree- - - I was VERY confused about the phone plans since I purchase the regular 60 minute cards for my husband and myself- but I'm really "loaded" with the minutes- yet have to keep up so my phone service doesn't expire- So again- I am still on the fence about the expense of a smartphone and I do still want triple everything and even paying for a 60 min card every 3 months is only $120 a year- and it's tripled each time. Your cost of $216 I'd never be able to use all that up on top of what i still have- so here I am on the fence again. People have said I can just get a yearly card for $100 to keep the service up - but I haven't found where to to that on the tracfone site . :/

Honored Contributor

The easiest way to get a year's service for $90-$100 is to buy a new Tracfone each year through a home shopping channel. If you don't want the new phone you can simply use the code on your old one.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

@sipp, if you go to Tracfone's website, click on "shop" & enter your phone number, all available plans will load on the page. The 1 year of service  plan is $99.00 with 1200 minutes, texts & data (already tripled from 400 units of each).

But, and it's a big but, for $20.00 less, you can buy the LG Premier Pro  with 1 year service, 1500 minutes, texts, & data for $79.99, on QVC. HSN has good deals, too.

If you are upgrading to a Smartphone, and transferring an active telephone number, your triple minutes for life benefit will transfer to the new phone. But, please, do an online chat or call Tracfone to confirm.

I bought this phone last month, because, like you, I have a ton of texts & data to use, and it's nice upgrade from the LG Premier.