Super Contributor

Re: Next Tracfone TSV on QVC or HSN?

@gardenman I purchased this phone on your recommendation.  How did you transfer all your contacts, apps etc. to the new phone.  Last time I got a new phone I used the app transfer wizard.  Is that still needed in this day and age?

Sure hope you are feeling better Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@lizzys wrote:

@gardenman I purchased this phone on your recommendation.  How did you transfer all your contacts, apps etc. to the new phone.  Last time I got a new phone I used the app transfer wizard.  Is that still needed in this day and age?

Sure hope you are feeling better Smiley Wink

I used the transfer wizard on both phones and it worked fine. It's a pretty neat little phone. I was surprised to find it had a hotspot function built in. I'm happy to report I feel fine, but the femur is just 40% healed after ten months. I'd love it to heal faster, but at least it's healing.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Thanks @gardenman.  I feel your pain!  Even though my injury wasn't as bad as yours, I had two broken toes and used the bone stimulator for 100 plus days and at 10 months I am feeling almost human.  Dealing with nerve damage due to the injury.  Growing old ain't for sissys!

Can't wait to hear your comments on Big Brother Celebrity edition.  Really missed you over the summer Smiley Wink

Take care!

Valued Contributor

@cantdrive55, thanks for the info. I didn't receive that offer. I'd like to upgrade my Samsung and keep my triple minutes. My husband just renewed his yearly Tracfone subscription and they told him they would no longer honor triple minutes although when he bought it, it was triple minutes for life. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. TIA, LuLu
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:
@cantdrive55, thanks for the info. I didn't receive that offer. I'd like to upgrade my Samsung and keep my triple minutes. My husband just renewed his yearly Tracfone subscription and they told him they would no longer honor triple minutes although when he bought it, it was triple minutes for life. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. TIA, LuLu

Customer service reps often give easily-misunderstood information.  When they say that you get to keep your triple minutes when you transfer to a new smart phone, what they mean is that you get to keep the minutes that tripled that are already on your CURRENT phone...not that minutes triple on the new phone.  If you have 500 minutes left on your old phone, then the 500 minutes will transfer to your new phone.  When the new phone is activated, the 500 minutes will be added to the new phone's minute package.  So if a bundle offers 1500 minutes talk/1500 texts/ and 1.5gb of data, after the transfer is complete, you will have (using the example I gave), 2000 minutes talk, 2000 texts, and 2.0 gb of data.  If you want to keep the triple minute option, you'll have to keep your current phone.  The thing is...is that the new phones with 1200 or 1500 minutes are the exact same deal/cost as the old triple minute promotion, so there is no benefit in keeping the old phone.

Valued Contributor

@Ainhisg, Thanks so much for the info, I appreciate it! I really do need a new phone! Best, LuLu
Contributor

Super Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

Over the last few months, I have had three separate conversations with Tracfone reps regarding the triple minutes for life benefit. In each of these conversations I have been assured that if I upgrade my smartphone Tracfone will transfer the triple minutes for life benefit to the new smartphone, and you don't have to purchase the phone from Tracfone. 

With regards to your hysband's situation, a triple minutes for life phone is precisely that. I would suggest you Google "Tracfone Executive Resolution Dept". You will contact them by mail. Or, if the phone was purchased on a shopping network, you might want to check to see if that network has a customer service contact number for Tracfone that specifically deals with the network's customers. 

One last thing- the regular minute cards are the ones that will triple. The smartphone cards do not triple. The regular minute cards work with smartphones.

Super Contributor

@cantdrive55 Thank you for this information, can you tell me the difference in Regular minutes card and Smartphone card?  Where does one purchase the Regular minute's card?  Thank you so much.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@waterlily wrote:

@cantdrive55 Thank you for this information, can you tell me the difference in Regular minutes card and Smartphone card?  Where does one purchase the Regular minute's card?  Thank you so much.

--

The regular-minutes cards are the ones most often found at drugstores, grocery stores, discount stores. They offer minutes and days only. For example, they are $19.99 (for 60 minutes, 90 days) up to $99.99 for a year's service with 400 minutes. They can be used with any type of Tracfone, and the minutes will triple if you have a triple-minute phone.

Generally, you can buy a new smartphone from QVC or HSN for around the same $99.99 with 1200 to 1500 minutes and a year's service, the end result being the same or better amount of minutes and time (and an updated phone) as a triple-minute phone with the 400-minute regular card.

The smartphone cards can add texts and data separately, if you run out of one or the other with time remaining, so that you don't have to buy minutes or days if you don't need them.

Both types of cards are also available online at the Tracfone website.