Esteemed Contributor

Received phone call pre-recorded.  Female with sincere voice states - her company can no longer service my computer - so to receive a REFUND on the contract - press #1 to connect to a representative to receive my REFUND.

(don't have a service contract for my computer - never did)

.............good try Lady

Honored Contributor

Trying to play on human greed.  They'll probably get people who also don't have service contracts anywhere pressing "1" because they somehow think they're going to get money tehy aren't due.  I have never had a service contract on any computer I have ever owned. 

Honored Contributor

I’ve been getting those calls for months.  When I don’t answer, it leaves a message.  Half of a message.  The first part is garbled purposely so you can’t quite understand the company name.  Then they mention “refund”.  I guess they figure more people will call back if they’re not quite sure which company it is.

Honored Contributor

All the businesses who I have dealings with will contact me by giving notice in writing. They will also send me an email requesting that I contact them regarding something that needs my attention. I never respond to phone messages that ask for me for anything.

Respected Contributor

@fthuntThanks for the info.  Another second, another scam.  You can't stop them.  You've gotta be on your guard whenever the phone rings or you get an e-mail.  That's just the way it is today.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 

How true....my phone will tell me when its a invalid number,private..plus i have a button on my phone to block phone numbers....but they don't want to give up...by using invaild local numbers..lol

I ignore them and only answer numbers of people i know when their name and phone# shows on my caller id!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

Dont answer the phone! wait for them to stop ringing and wait for a dial tone, press star 77 that will block them and then ask them to give a legal number, if they do not they will be blocked. I do not understand why people answer the phone to numbers they do not know? If you keep answering the phone they will keep calling.

Esteemed Contributor

FYI this is not a new scam its been around for awhile.They know not to call me I am too smart and always a step ahead of them.Woman Wink