Honored Contributor

"New" Twitter look - not a fan

If you use Twitter, what do you think of the new layout?

I'm not a fan.  The feed is on the left, making the right side (which is typically where your eye goes first-as all newspapers know) the more important.  The right is "trends for you" and the left is the feed.  I think the actual feed should be the more important.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: "New" Twitter look - not a fan

Mine has not changed.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I didn't notice any difference in the layout as I just deleted my account. I did not use the account enough to justify keeping it open!

Frequent Contributor

I did not care for the new look either.  I went into my settings and returned the screen to the default.

Honored Contributor

Mine hasn’t changed on the twitter app I use. 

Trusted Contributor

@Must Love Dogs wrote:

I did not care for the new look either.  I went into my settings and returned the screen to the default.

I'm going to do the same.  

Honored Contributor

checked both my phone and my tablet and my twitter feeds look the same.....no changes.......yet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I am not used to it yet, and do not like the removal of the profile data from the header to the left side of the page where you have to purposely select it.

Trusted Contributor

Mine made that shift also, and then I realized all the signins across the computer had been knocked out. I have to log in to mail, facebook, qvc and everything that had a sign in. If I go out of qvc, I have to sign in again from the start. Does anyone know how to keep everything from disappearing?? I don't even know what it is called. One instance is facebook, I have to sign in everytime I go on it and that just happened the other day, twiiter made that change.  I know there is something in the computer to keep things in place, but I don't remember what or where it is. 

Thanking you in advance ------------tedEbear

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tedEbear wrote:

Mine made that shift also, and then I realized all the signins across the computer had been knocked out. I have to log in to mail, facebook, qvc and everything that had a sign in. If I go out of qvc, I have to sign in again from the start. Does anyone know how to keep everything from disappearing?? I don't even know what it is called. One instance is facebook, I have to sign in everytime I go on it and that just happened the other day, twiiter made that change.  I know there is something in the computer to keep things in place, but I don't remember what or where it is. 

Thanking you in advance ------------tedEbear

@tedEbear,  It sounds like the "autofill" option is disabled on your browser.   Since it worked before, your login info should still be saved there.    The steps are a little different for each one... I'd suggest a simple search for how to enable autofill for your specific browser and see if that fixes the problem.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova