Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need help looking for a computer.

@SouthernBee wrote:

Hi Y'all . Trying to help DH and he is frustrated .

DH needs a new desktop computer and needs just the tower. He prefers Windows10. Looking for Lenovo or HP. Requesting  : 1 TB, SSD, 16 GBHD. I am clueless on this. Any suggestions? Thank you.

I would recommend buying a computer at Dell online, bc you want Windows 10.

Esteemed Contributor

I found an Dell XPS 8960 computer at Best Buy online for $1149 on sale.

This tower Is also being sold as an open box computer in excellent condition for a good price. 

Dell XPS line come with a one year warranty. 

This is not a extreme gaming machine, bc it would need more cooling. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just bought a new HP All-In-One desktop with 1T SDD and 16GB RAM. I like not having a tower. It's very minimal. It's very fast and the screen is big (22").

Did you get this from HSN or QVC, @SilleeMee ?  Is there a keyboard?  I hate touch screen.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just bought a new HP All-In-One desktop with 1T SDD and 16GB RAM. I like not having a tower. It's very minimal. It's very fast and the screen is big (22").

Did you get this from HSN or QVC, @SilleeMee ?  Is there a keyboard?  I hate touch screen.

@tends2dogs 

I got it from Amazon. Has a keyboard, no touch screen. Looks just like this:

HP - 23.8" Full HD Touch-Screen All-in-One - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 512GB SSD - Snow White - Front_Zoom

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thanks for posting the picture.  It looks really "modern" and sleek.  I really should bite the bullet and buy a new one before I am forced into it.  I hate new and I hate change LOL.  

TA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee  Thanks for posting the picture.  It looks really "modern" and sleek.  I really should bite the bullet and buy a new one before I am forced into it.  I hate new and I hate change LOL.  

TA

We all hate change, but the funny thing is that once you do it, you wonder why you didn't go for it earlier!  Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

I love my HP All-In -One 22 in Computer  and  it's now 5 years old!

My next one wil be also when  it needs replaced also be a all in oneHeart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee wrote:

Hi Y'all . Trying to help DH and he is frustrated .

DH needs a new desktop computer and needs just the tower. He prefers Windows10. Looking for Lenovo or HP. Requesting  : 1 TB, SSD, 16 GBHD. I am clueless on this. Any suggestions? Thank you.

I bought a open box samsung tablet a few weeks ago. I set it up today. It was about $250 below the price. It is only missing a sim tool to open micro-SD tool. The tablet is in excellent condition. 

An item purchased now should have a longer return window. 

Enjoy shopping.