Super Contributor

Need Help Registering Amazon Fire 8” recent TSV

Would appreciate any help registering device for my husband. Device says he has an Amazon account, which he says he doesn’t. His email is correct when I try to register and reset password, says accepted, then when I go to sign in, it won’t let me saying either email or password is incorrect. Email is correct as they send code to reset. It also won’t let him register as new person. Thank you for any help. Susi

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Help Registering Amazon Fire 8” recent TSV

@Susic wrote:

Would appreciate any help registering device for my husband. Device says he has an Amazon account, which he says he doesn’t. His email is correct when I try to register and reset password, says accepted, then when I go to sign in, it won’t let me saying either email or password is incorrect. Email is correct as they send code to reset. It also won’t let him register as new person. Thank you for any help. Susi

do a live chat or call with Amazon 

Respected Contributor

Go to settings, and "reset to factory default".  It may erase the failed attempts, which your kindle seems to be remembering.  Starts it  from scratch.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has great help. You can do a Google search. How to register a Fire 8 tablet, or how to add a new  tablet to your account. 

Please check your husband signin and password . 

Trusted Contributor

I would call Amazon or at least start with an online chat. If his email is showing registered to an account there could be something weird going on. I do have an account and someone got in and changed the password and starting leaving reviews for items that I had nothing to do with. Thankfully they didn't buy anything. I never got the notification that my password had been changed. I had to get Amazon involved to fix it.

You will probably have to talk to a person there. Someone might have used his email address to open an account in another name.

Honored Contributor

Go to the Amazon site, type in kindle fire technical support.  I know they have live chat with kindle technical support, but I can't find it.  You may have to look around the website or just call customer service and they'll point you in the right direction.  It sounds to me that your husband has an a ccount.

Super Contributor

I didnt think I could get anyone to help from Amazon. I will try later as now he is locked out of account for too many attempts to log in. I am hoping I can reset password on Amazon.com from main computer and then Fire will accept it. If not will try phone call or on line help. Thank you all for taking time to respond ! Susi

Honored Contributor

Amazon doesn't care where you bought the Kindle.  They support and stand by it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Susic wrote:

I didnt think I could get anyone to help from Amazon. I will try later as now he is locked out of account for too many attempts to log in. I am hoping I can reset password on Amazon.com from main computer and then Fire will accept it. If not will try phone call or on line help. Thank you all for taking time to respond ! Susi

This happened to me sort of me... I have a account with Amazon went in to order something and I could not finalize the order. It seems that my email address would not go though. I called got a CS agent and found out it was not the email address but my pin/password which I reset with the agent and I was up and running again. O/P talk to someone at Amazon they are very helpful and nice people to deal with. GL.