Contributor

I just ordered 2 of these tablets to upgrade older ones that had some apps that I could not download.  I figured with this version I could use these apps.  My fitbit device won't sync on it and I tried to download the MyFitnessPal app and it says it is not available.  I am so disappointed.  I am so tired of ordering things and having to send them back.  This does nothing more than the old tablets I have.  

Regular Contributor

I just received mine too. It is my understanding that the only apps you can download are from Amazon only. Nothing from Google etc. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

You can sideload the Google Playstore and then gets apps directly from Google. Just Google "Sideloading Playstore on Kindle Fire" and you can find out how. There are lots of youTube videos showing the whole procedure that I'd suggest watching first. Watch several of them also as the more you watch, the more comfortable you'll be doing it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman I have an older Amazon Fire 7 & it completely froze. I cannot do anything with it even turn it off. Any suggestions? Should I just buy a new one & if so how can I get my ebooks transfered to the new one? I don't want to buy the books a secound time.

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

@gardenman I have an older Amazon Fire 7 & it completely froze. I cannot do anything with it even turn it off. Any suggestions? Should I just buy a new one & if so how can I get my ebooks transfered to the new one? I don't want to buy the books a secound time.

If you press and hold the power button for what seems like an eternity, it will typically shut down. Worse case scenario is the battery will eventually die and you can recharge it and see what happens then. Kindles and Fires are pretty resilient little devices.

The good news is your ebook purchases should be stored on whatever cloud you bought them from. If you got them from Amazon you can typically redownload them. I say typically because sometimes a book will go out of print or be pulled and then you're out of luck. If you go to Amazon and click on Kindle E-readers and Books, then way, way down at the bottom of the pop-up menu should be "Manage Your Content and Devices." You should find your e-books all listed there ready to be downloaded again if need be. Just click on the "Actions" button to see what you can do.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman Thank you so much for your help. I knew if anyone would know it would be you. I will see what happens & maybe upgrade.

Tomorrow is June 1st getting closer to Big Brother. See you there.

Contributor

Re: Amazon Fire HD8

[ Edited ]

Kept getting error messages when I clicked on the Playstore app but after a while when I tried again it worked.  Thank you so much!

Esteemed Contributor

I would think a factory reset might help the problem? If people want the "play store" they need to get a android tablet not a amazon tablet that only supports the amazon platform of games and apps. I mean it might work for awhile but, then the tablet fails and then its unusable what good is that? If people want the playstore they can get a very inexpensive tablet as a RCA which works pretty well because I have had them. Hope this helps.

New Contributor

Amazon Fire HD8 on Waitlist or Advance Order

[ Edited ]

I was wondering if anyone has heard about the availabity of this Tablet?  Ordered mine and it went on Advance Order.  After a few days it went on Waitlist?  Mine is a birthday gift for my Grandnephew and I sure hope QVC & Amazon doesn't let us down??  Any info QVC or Bloggers, please reply!  Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Fire HD8 on Waitlist or Advance Order

@Sophied21 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has heard about the availabity of this Tablet?  Ordered mine and it went on Advance Order.  After a few days it went on Waitlist?  Mine is a birthday gift for my Grandnephew and I sure hope QVC & Amazon doesn't let us down??  Any info QVC or Bloggers, please reply!  Thank you!

I ordered the red that was already in advance order and it went to processing and shipping all in a few days. It was quicker than when I have ordered from available stock in the past with other non Amazon items.