Respected Contributor

Bose wave radio and cd player

I have an older (maybe 10) player and just noticed that some cd's skip for a moment.  I also have a newer player where this does not happen so I am sure it is the player.  Any suggestions?  I also have the 5 disc changer and that just quit working after about 5 years.  NOT HAPPY!  thought quality was in play here.  Is it worth getting fixed, if they can even do that with all the streaming that goes on nowl...I still prefer my cd's!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Bose wave radio and cd player

I have the 5 disc player also probably about the same age.  So far I haven't had any trouble with it except that I have never had good reception on the radio but I am sure it because where it is located.  Hope you are not telling me about my future! 

Esteemed Contributor

OMG - the timing of your posting is spooky.  Mine about the same age - never used the CD - just radio to wake.  Decided to play soft music to go to sleep - and it skips - stops - starts again then just spins.........I've been researching on Google for over a week and from what I've learned  (hang in there with me)...................this occurs when dust has built up over the laser reader so - 2 hours ago I inserted a 'disk to clean'.  Didn't really solve the problem but will do it again several times to see if more is needed = can't hurt I figure.  I've read so many posting of people having the same problem and several contacted BOSE and were told - machine is too old for them to service.  In other words - buy a new one!

I have 3 BOSE - one real old my husband bought before CD player was included............and the second one in family room which I use occasionally but not often.........and that one plays the same CD just fine.  So something went bug-o with the bedroom unit.  Get a cleaner disc from Google and see if that helps your machine.  No guarantees tho.

Best of luck.................

Like I said your posting is spooky - have never seen a question about BOSE on here before. 

Honored Contributor

My 16 year old Bose plus CD player started doing the same thing. Last month I replaced it with one I got on Amazon. It’s just the basic radio, CD player.  I put the other one in a room where I just wanted the radio, as that part works fine. Amazon is  selling it now for 365.00, but the they play pricing games and it goes up and down.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

My cds were also skipping on my Bose. Best Buy suggested using canned air and then a disc cleaner and that did the trick for me. Also have the 5 disc changer but no problems with that.

Honored Contributor

Thanks - good info here.  I was thinking what I would l

miss most about the Bose when and if it becomes a problem and it definitely is the CD changer.  I don't want to put one CD in at a time.  I don't care about the radio.

Respected Contributor

Hmmmm.... maybe that’s why mine doesn’t played cd’s any more. Thanks for the tip ! 

Honored Contributor

clean the CDs?

I listen to streaming music and never looked back