Respected Contributor

Hey ~ Can someone please help me with BOSE?  It's on Today's Values ~ Music System IV ~ E234072.  $299 ~ Reg $499.

I want something that sounds nice for my bedroom.  I'm way past "Blasting The Roof Off" like I used to do back in the olden days ~ LOL.

Just looking for quality sound, and a reliable Radio/CD Player.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank You!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Re: Need Help Please ~ BOSE

[ Edited ]

My 2 cents: I have had a Bose wave radio for 30+ years. I have a Bose radio system in my MB. I also have a Panasonic radio in my kitchen that is so old but it still works. The other 2, Bose radios don't work anymore. The Bose wave radio lasted ~ 15/20 years. The car Bose radio system ~ 12 years. Not a fan of Bose.

Is the sound better than my Panasonic? Yes, the speakers are much better. Better quality sound. But, I expect a radio to last much longer than I have experience with my Bose. You pay more you expect more.

Respected Contributor

@Mistic @I have this and it is exactly what you are looking for!

Honored Contributor

HUGE fan of the BOSE products.

i have 5 i have collected over the years. my most recent one was a year ago. my oldest one is about 12+ years old. have never had an issue with any of them.

it is a quality product with quality sound.

i have one in my kitchen, basement, master bedroom, sunroom, and guest bedroom.

i have an echo device attached to the one in my bedroom via an aux cord.

i wont be surprised if i eventually have one in every room of the house. Smiley Wink

go for it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have a BOSE and love it.  Its between 10 and 12 or 13 years old.  Still sounds great.  Saw the TSV you're talking about and was tempted.  Its a great price.

Esteemed Contributor

This Bose radio,  will connect a smart phone  or laptop by Bluetooth to play music.  You can play a single CD.

Please read about the Bluetooth adapter that is included with the radio. You can find reviews at Amazon, Bose and QVC. 

Respected Contributor

Thank You for all of your responses.  I knew I could come here and get individual experiences, and that is what I wanted.  Watching the Video on the product is good, but true reviews are what helps me the most.   Smiley Happy 

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

This looks like the same one I own.  There are no buttons on it.  The only controls are thru the remote. Haven't used mine all that much but I love being able to remotely play my own music loaded on my ipad thru the bluetooth feature. 

Honored Contributor

I love my Bose.  I have the one with 1 slot for a CD.  The sound is so much better than a regular radio or cd player.  I only wish mine had bluetooth so I could play from my itunes.  But I do have a small Bose bluetooth speaker that is very nice.

Honored Contributor

@Mistic 

I got a similar model to this a few years ago when it was a TSV.  One CD slot, but no Bluetooth.  

I was looking for something that would play my CD's and sound good, but without having huge speakers sitting around the room and a bunch of other equipment.  I also needed a good radio since my favorite station is 100 miles away and a lot of cheaper radios won't bring it in.

My opinion after having and using it for a few years:  I like it and I think for me it was well worth the money.  It does have a good sound, but do be aware that you can't control the bass/treble, which is probably the only downside for me.  I would buy one again.