Respected Contributor

Need: Cell Phone Recommendations

I've dropped my phone several times (Motorola) and it's not keeping a charge.

It was a cheap phone ... I only paid $240.  But it's never held a charge for more than 6 hours.

I need a phone that HOLDS A CHARGE a lonnnnnng time ... which I don't need a magnifying glass to read.  (Yes, I AM using the largest font.)

Recommendations are appreciated.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Super Contributor

Re: Need: Cell Phone Recommendations

@RinaRina wrote:

I've dropped my phone several times (Motorola) and it's not keeping a charge.

It was a cheap phone ... I only paid $240.  But it's never held a charge for more than 6 hours.

I need a phone that HOLDS A CHARGE a lonnnnnng time ... which I don't need a magnifying glass to read.  (Yes, I AM using the largest font.)

Recommendations are appreciated.

How do you use your phone?  The length of time a phone "holds a charge" depends on how it's used. 

Honored Contributor

iphone

you don't need to get the latest

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

iphone

you don't need to get the latest

@jackthebear    Exactly...

Honored Contributor

I have an iPhone 11 and charge it once a day.  I will  charge it over night when I go to bed.  Some days I will use it a lot and it never runs out of power. It's several years old and never had any problems.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions but mine is iPhone which as other posters said doesn't have to be the latest model.  Depending on your carrier they may have a deal.

It also depends on how you use it.  If it's your only phone the better the better,  If you still use a land line and just use for emergency a less expensive one would do.  

Respected Contributor

I had a very old Samsung and got sick of dragging a camera along on vacations and ended up with an iphone 13 pro max.  I don't make a lot of calls, but have apps on it for our Blink camera system, my hearing aids and my cpap.  I do text.   I charge it once every couple of days. I dont' use it for facebook or emails.

I've been using tracfone but I think I'm going to switch to Visible (by Verizon).....they are offering unlimited plans for $25-35 dollars a month.....the promo is ending at the end of March.

The only thing I don't like about the phone is that it's so heavy....but that's the model I chose. 

I have a windows PC, but an older ipad....I can send the photos between my apple devices (and anyone else's apple devices) just using bluetooth. It's called airdrop. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am a fan of iPhones, if they are in your budget.

Perhaps a really good case is also a need.  They are not slippery and will cushion the face and corners when the phone hits the ground.  

Super Contributor

@haddon9, my experience exactly! I am considering upgrading to the iPhone 14 Pro Max, not because there is anything wrong with my 11 Pro Max. But the screen is a little larger on the 14, which has some appeal given my aging eyes. Otherwise - and it is my third iPhone - it is an awesome piece of technology. I had a Motorola Pebble and a Samsung with a pull-out keyboard pre-smart phone, but nothing will ever separate me from my iPhone!
Honored Contributor

I'm a flip-phone user. It does what I need it to do...make calls. That's all I need my phone to do. Brand is Alcatel (MyFlip).