Super Contributor

OH look!!!I figured out how to get the signature.  Now maybe if I work on that avatar, I can dismiss the tech!

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Super Contributor

Hi dooBdoo.  The tech came and worked on computer. He had quite a time working to get the My Settings to come up and  your "map" proved quite helpful to him as he studied it to find what he was looking for   (his eyesight was better than mine). Thank you again for offering your tips.  How do you like my avatar. the Southern magnolia?  My signature has been what I have lived by for most of my life. IT was taught to me by my grandfather who was deaf.

Super Contributor

ChynnaBlue, thanks again for your suggestions and info.. The tech repaired some glitches and I will now be using Chrome.

Have a wonderful day.  Hope your weather is better than ours.

Honored Contributor

@asoutherngirl wrote:

I am trying to add an avatar and a signature to my posts.  I have clicked several times on My Settings but nothing comes up.  Advice for a non savvy user?

It's extremely glitchy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It couldn't get it to load the window to upload an avatar in the last couple weeks. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

asoutherngirl wrote:

Hi dooBdoo.  The tech came and worked on computer. He had quite a time working to get the My Settings to come up and  your "map" proved quite helpful to him as he studied it to find what he was looking for   (his eyesight was better than mine). Thank you again for offering your tips.  How do you like my avatar. the Southern magnolia?  My signature has been what I have lived by for most of my life. IT was taught to me by my grandfather who was deaf.

Hi, again, @asoutherngirl!   I'm so glad your tech put things right for you.   You're welcome!   I'm glad the posts were helpful.   I've learned so much from others on these forums, and so I try to show my gratitude by offering help when I can.   I love your siggy...  how lovely the sentiment, and how special that it pays homage to your grandfather.Heart   The avatar is pretty!   I'm a southern gal myself, and I've always thought magnolia trees and blossoms are gorgeous!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova