Valued Contributor

We have a Dynex TV that we use to watch movies only, no cable connection. The only onscreen message we get now is no signal. It usually says insert cd. We can't find how to get it back and of course can't find the manual. This tv is a combination tv/cd player. Can anyone help please? Hubby has tried every button possible. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help with TV settings

@frenchieI have a Dynex but not with a CD player.  In the manual such as it is , it says you should go to

www.dynexproducts.com, click support and services, enter your model number in the Product Search field, then click Search.

Maybe you can find info that way.

Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor

It sounds like you've accidentally switched sources/inputs. Modern HDTV's have multiple ways to get a signal into the HDTV and when you get the "No Signal" it usually means you've switched to a source that's not connected. Somewhere on the remote there should be a button that says  "Input" or "Source." Typically if you press that button a menu of options will appear on the HDTV. You can then select the input or source you wish to use. In some cases repeatedly pushing the input/source button will choose options, in other cases you have to use the up/down/left/right/enter keys on the remote to switch inputs/sources. In your case you'd be looking for the DVD player input/source.

My bedroom RCA HDTV has an antenna input, four HDMI inputs, a component input, a composite input, a computer input, and a USB input. If the HDTV is set up on an input that's not connected to anything, you get the "No Signal" report on the screen. This won't be a hard problem to fix. Just look at both the remote and HDTV as you try things and you'll be fine.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@frenchie

@gardenman explained exactly what you need to do. I will add this. Since this TV set has a built-in CD player, it may be a problem with it that caused the problem.

I know that some TV sets with CD built in, have problems when they do not automatically switch to the correct input when a CD is inserted, or does not automatically switch back to the correct HDMI input when the CD player is no longer in use.

Some remotes will have the INPUTS listed under the MENU button, along with the ones "gardenman" listed. 

Since you say you do not have a Cable connection, I am assuming you either have an "over-the-air" antenna, or nothing going into any of the INPUTS on this TV set.

If you have NOTHING connected to the INPUTS, it just about has to be a problem with the built in CD Player. Do you know if this TV set has the HDMI inputs? If it is old enough, it may not even have these inputs, and older sets pretty much have Composite(RCA) type INPUTS.

Hopefully your problem is not internally with the CD player and just an input switch issue.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)