Highlighted
Super Contributor

More problems with my Apple devices

[ Edited ]

My iPhone 13 called itself 4 times and called my home phone once just after 2:00 am today. What can cause that and how to fix it?  I searched online and one suggestion was to update the ios and the other was to hard reset my phone.  My phone's operating system is up to date and I did a hard shutdown. I wonder if anyone has heard of this problem?  If so, what caused it and how to fix?

Respected Contributor

Re: More problems with my Apple devices

Have 2 iPhones.  Never heard of the problem.  See of it happens after the hard shutdown.

Super Contributor

I had this and MANY other issues with my IPHONE including it sending random texts and sending calls to random numbers in my address book at ALL hours!!   I was convinced it is posessed.  LOL

After multiple attempts from Aplle to correct the problem, they continue to throw their hands up and replace the device.  Makes no sense really as it can't be a hardware issue but they just want to start from scratch!  If you still have Apple Care contact them.  Truthfully we never were able to "solve" the problem. NOW my phone will not allow me to send photos to emails.  I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail.  I guess its back to the not so genius bar!!  

Honored Contributor

i havent had that problems - but i woiuld contact the genius bar

they have chat but u go through a bunch of automated prompts first before u can get a live person

Honored Contributor

@gadgetgal613 wrote:

My iPhone called itself 4 times and my home phone called once just after 2:00 am today. What can cause that and how to fix it?  I searched online and one suggestion was to update the ios and the other was to hard reset my phone.  My phone's operating system is up to date and I did a hard shutdown. I wonder if anyone has heard of this problem?  If so, what caused it and how to fix?

I had this happen with my iPhone 11 plus other problems. I spent hours on the phone with apple and in an apple store and nothing fixed it. My phone carrier had an offer for a free iPhone 13 so I traded my 11 for it. I'm much happier.

Contributor

Sounds like a classic scam to me where the scammers are able to spoof your number. Many cases have been filed with the FCC and scammers are being identified and punished. 

If your problem persists, please consider notifying your carrier and the FCC. Consumer complaints are being taken more seriously today.

Esteemed Contributor

Had their phones for years and never had this.  Sounds like a scam blast.

Look at blocking unknown to stop it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gadgetgal613 wrote:

My iPhone 13 called itself 4 times and called my home phone once just after 2:00 am today. What can cause that and how to fix it?  I searched online and one suggestion was to update the ios and the other was to hard reset my phone.  My phone's operating system is up to date and I did a hard shutdown. I wonder if anyone has heard of this problem?  If so, what caused it and how to fix?

@gadgetgal613

Are you saying you're seeing incoming calls that display your caller ID? 

If that's the case, sometimes it's a robocaller that picked up your caller ID info and they're "spoofing" it when they call  you  --  you can try blocking your own number to see if that stops the problem (we don't normally call ourselves, so blocking our own phone number likely won't cause us problems and we always can go back and unblock it any time we want to).   Hope we, or someone at Apple, can find the source of the issue and a good resolution for you - on any device, the glitches can be beyond annoying, but usually taken one at a time can be fixed.   Take care.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@tessam,  Regarding "my phone will not allow me to send photos to emails" -- if you don't mind posting more details, one of more of us might be able to offer help here.

It would help to know specifically the steps you take and what goes wrong, to add some clues.   

Sorry you're running into problems.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@gadgetgal613 wrote:

@gadgetgal613

Are you saying you're seeing incoming calls that display your caller ID? 

If that's the case, sometimes it's a robocaller that picked up your caller ID info and they're "spoofing" it when they call  you  --  you can try blocking your own number to see if that stops the problem (we don't normally call ourselves, so blocking our own phone number likely won't cause us problems and we always can go back and unblock it any time we want to).   Hope we, or someone at Apple, can find the source of the issue and a good resolution for you - on any device, the glitches can be beyond annoying, but usually taken one at a time can be fixed.   Take care.🌻

I called and talk to Apple support and they have no idea what is going on.  I did do a hard reset, we shared my screen and she checked my settings.  Apparently, iPhones can't get malware.  After the nightmare of getting rid of the Trojans on my iMac and Macbook Pro, I was worried it was Malware causing it.  I'm definitely putting my phone on silent tonight.