Occasional Visitor

MacBook Pro Order/Shipping Hassle

Hello! So I ordered a MacBook Pro on 6/9 it showed in process until 6/11 which then went to call QVC, called , verified and it was “released for shipment” shortly after (1 day) after it switched from in process to “back order” called in reps said it COULDNT POSSIBLY be in back order if none of the current models have gone to waitlist or on backorder on the main site. So rep says to hold off a day or so and see what it does. So I do. The next day the order moves to “in process” again!! So I call and rep says hey maybe it’ll ship. Sure enough the order moves to “shipped 6/13” checked UPS and it will arrive on 6/14.... then notice when it arrives it’s .30 lbs in weight. Meaning this CANT possibly be the MacBook. What is arriving and where is the MacBook!! How do we pay for it and it not be here after paying for PREMIUM delivery and being fooled that it was shipped. Now you have to wait on your order to complete to get anything resolved!! Has anyone else had this issue and can you please tell me WHEN I’m gonna receive my MacBook for school and work!! Smiley Sad I’m so frustrated. 

Super Contributor

Re: MacBook Pro Order/Shipping Hassle

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the stated weight.  I've received items from QVC with the weight obviously not right but the item inside was right.  UPS will just bill QVC for the right shipping cost in the end as everything is scanned these days.  Hope you enjoy your MacBook Pro.

Respected Contributor

I would buy from apple direct instead or somewhere other than here.  cheaper usually

Respected Contributor

This is why many of us warn against purchasing ANY computer products from ANY TV Shopping Channel.  If you want ANY Mac product, much better to make the purchase at the Apple Store on-line, or an Apple Retail Store or an Authorized Apple Reseller.  You can usually find what you're looking for at the stores and take it home that day.  I've ordered from the Apple Store on-line and have had no problems with shipping/delivery.