Super Contributor

My Mac Book Pro laptop is 2 years old. I took it to the Genius Bar because the display quit working. They hooked it up to an external monitor and it worked. It will cost $450 to fix although I am not really sure it can be fixed. Has anyone else had this problem? I will check around to see if it can be repaired by a non Apple company. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Mac Book Pro display broken

[ Edited ]

The retina display on my Macbook is failing and I was told it's beyond the time frame to get it fixed free of charge.  Just like the broken hinge on my iMac, this is a design flaw and known problem Apple is trying to not fix free of charge.  I managed to get the hinged fixed at no cost and plan to get the screen problem resolved as well.  Apple is not without problems but, I still like their computers and have no plans to go back to Windows. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Louis Rossmann is a YouTuber who does repairs of.🍎 laptops. You may want to look at his channel and contact his business.

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

Louis Rossmann is a YouTuber who does repairs of.🍎 laptops. You may want to look at his channel and contact his business.

His videos are very good. More often than not the "experts" at the Genius Bar are not as genius as they like you to think they are. The other day he posted a video where the "Genius Bar" hadn't plugged in the battery completely and wanted the customer to pay over $400 for the repair. He simply pushed the battery connector all the way in, and voila! It was fixed!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Thank you for your replys. It is fixed and I don't know why it happened.