Super Contributor

@JGalt wrote:

@cddh, I've never used Text To Speech, nor do I know what exactly it is, so I don't know if my Stylo 3 does it.   But I read most of the manual of the Stylo 4 and that phone does have that feature.

I'm impressed with the features of the Stylo 4

Texting is the feature I use most often so I can speak my messages rather than type.  Also, using google, I can speak my search instead of typing.  It is a time-saver and very convenient.  LG answered this question as well and said that it is available.  If it were not, it would be a deal breaker.  Also, the camera on this phone is said to be much better.  I have never had real good results from my tracfone's camera so this is appealing to me.

Honored Contributor

@JGalt wrote:

Whew, I thought I paid too much for my Stylo 3!  The price on the Stylo 4 is more than I would be willing to pay for a phone, but did want to let others know, the Stylo 3 is the best phone I've had in the many years I've used Tracfone.

Specifically, I get better reception with the Stylo 3 than any of the other LGs I've had the last few years. And I really love the stylus pen. I use it for typing my text msgs because using fingers frustrates the heck out of me with the constant errors, even with this large phone.  It is so clever the way it is hidden and stored inside the phone. Stylus is good for games too.

Edit forgot to mention my other favorite function--fingerprint recognition. I use that for turning on the phone, very convenient.  I see the Stylo 4 does fingerprint and also face recognition.  It looks like quite an up to date phone.  It would be nicer though if it had more memory.

You can find the Stylo 4 with 32gb's of RAM for $249 in an unlocked version at a major online retailer that comes preloaded with that company's apps. You'd have to spend another $.99 for Tracfone's bring your phone setup and then buy airtime, but if you like the phone and need more memory, it's an option.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I have the Samsung Galaxy Core Prme-----for several years now.  I would get another phone, specifically the LG Stylo 4, but I won't pay $200.  If it were $99 I would get it.   My other choice would be the Fiesta 2.

I love the speech to text feature and the better OS and camera.

Valued Contributor

@Stargazer77I don't know, it's hard to explain LOL I think the Samsung just feels like a more substantial phone.  I like the actual buttons on the bottom vs the onscreen buttons and the camera on the Samsung just amazes me.  The screen also just seems more clear and vivid than my LGs ever did.

But the best Samsung that Tracfone sells has a lousy camera.  You must not have the ones they market.   I found the LG cameras to be much better.

Super Contributor

I am so excited about this phone. After you subtract the value of the minutes/texts/data, the cost of the phone is only $100. This phone is as close as I'm going to get in comperable value to the new Samsung Note 9 for $999!

Good job Tracfone and LG ! ! !