Respected Contributor

LG Stylo 4 Hint on Sending Photos in Text Message

I accidentally posted to Today's Special when it needed to be in Electronics.

I was frustrated as no pictures would go in my text message as Message kept saying"File too big".

I found the answer in the camera Setting way down at the bottom of the screen. It was on 4:3 Highest resolution of 13MP.

It needed to be changed to 4:3 at 6.2 MP and it worked perfect with a clear sharp photo being sent.

The resolution is still 2880 x 2160

Just wanted to post to help anyone else that may have that problem. Just click on the camera icon to the left of where you would text your message. Scroll to the right and Click the photo you want and it will pop in the screen. Text your message and send. Done!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: LG Stylo 4 Hint on Sending Photos in Text Message

@MKR14 wrote:

I accidentally posted to Today's Special when it needed to be in Electronics.

I was frustrated as no pictures would go in my text message as Message kept saying"File too big".

I found the answer in the camera Setting way down at the bottom of the screen. It was on 4:3 Highest resolution of 13MP.

It needed to be changed to 4:3 at 6.2 MP and it worked perfect with a clear sharp photo being sent.

The resolution is still 2880 x 2160

Just wanted to post to help anyone else that may have that problem. Just click on the camera icon to the left of where you would text your message. Scroll to the right and Click the photo you want and it will pop in the screen. Text your message and send. Done!

That's what happens with large files and texting or emailing them.  Most e-mail or texting programs have a size limit.  If you want to save them on your computer or have them printed, the larger the size the better the quality.  And another opportunity to remind people, never have only one copy of any photo which you can't afford to lose.  Storing them on your phone is the worst place to have only one copy. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@glb613  That is so true. I have mine on my computer and Google Photos and my iPads all backed up. I don't take many photos on my phone but it was nice to figure out how to do it to my text.

I have several places I save the important photos. They come in handy as we recently put our Shih-Tzu Precious down. Something told me to start taking some special photos the last month. More precious than anything I own.

I do love this LG Tracfone and plan on keeping it for a long time.

Have a great weekend everyone.😊

Respected Contributor

Carriers set their own size limits for attachments (generally, 1.2MB, total). I have the LG Stylo 4, too, and the default setting is 13mp. I've never changed that, and my photos always go through. And I send--and FORWARD--a lot of photos and attachments, too.

It's something I never think of, but it's good that there's a mechanism to change the setting if necessary.

What worries you masters you.