Trusted Contributor

I have the kindle voyage and I love it.  I bought it when they had a special and another poster recommended it.  I love having the page turn bars on the side of the screen   I too sleep on my side and it is quite easy to go forward or back  on either side.   I bought the cover that opens like a book and turns it off and on.   I'm so glad I got it.  

Respected Contributor

Looks like we got positive votes for all devices. I advise the origional poster to go to barnes and noble and play with the display devise and go to bestbuy and look at the kindle devises and play around with them and see what appeals to you. 

Respected Contributor

@kcladyz, ever since Borders closed up shop 7 years ago, there have been unfounded statements regarding BN closing.  No question they are the smarter bookstore & continue to do business & open stores as well.  My local BN is heavily stocked & thriving.  I also have the Glowlight Plus & love it!!  

Esteemed Contributor

I have a PaperWhite. You can use the Kindle app on most devices.

Respected Contributor

@Just1More wrote:

I have a 5 year old B/W NOOK just for reading. I also was given an older version of a Kindle?  Which do you all prefer? Pros? Cons?  Having trouble finding the right charging plug for each of them. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I started out with a Nook, then went to a Kindle Touch for 5 years and just recently got a Kindle Voyage.  Obviously, I prefer the Kindles mainly because I think Amazon's selection of books is far superior to B&N and also, I find many more free books on Amazon than I ever did on B&N.  As for charging it, I'm using the Nook charger I got approx. 6 years ago with the purchase of my first e-reader.  

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@kcladyz, ever since Borders closed up shop 7 years ago, there have been unfounded statements regarding BN closing.  No question they are the smarter bookstore & continue to do business & open stores as well.  My local BN is heavily stocked & thriving.  I also have the Glowlight Plus & love it!!  

I love my Voyager and my Nook. I just hope BN will  release a new ereader with features  to compete with Amazon

Respected Contributor

Rumer has it that Kindle is coming out with  a new kindle with a larger screen this year and a new nook.  Good Ereader website leaked a photo of the mold used to make the new kindle. So you may want to wait till the Fall to invest in a new device. maybe the prices of the current models will drop a bit