Super Contributor

Kindle Paperwhite

[ Edited ]

I have a Kindle Oasis gen 9 and used to love it. I still like the actual device, I like the page turning buttons. But, since Amazon updated the software a few months back, it's changed things and am having a difficult time with downloading books and documents. I've been wondering if the Paperwhite has the same issues. It might be worth it to get one of those. I don't really like reading on my Fire or iPad. Especially since I read a lot in bed, the Oasis makes it so easy. Thanks for any input!

Honored Contributor

@Toot1920 Ages ago I started out with the old basic Kindle that had the keyboard. A couple of years ago I bought my 2nd Paperwhite and wouldn't trade it for anything.

It's easy to use, updates itself and books download easily. Never had any interest in the Oasis. I've always purchased a cover for my devices.

Honored Contributor

@Toot1920 I love mine and have had no problems whatsover with it.

Super Contributor

@Pook @Love my grandkids I have a dumb question about your Paperwhites. Can you tap the screen to turn the page or do you have to swipe? That's why I like the Oasis because it has the page buttons and I can read it one handed in bed. Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

@Toot1920 Tap! you can swipe if you want to but I just tap!

Super Contributor

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. 

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Toot1920 Tap! you can swipe if you want to but I just tap!

@Love my grandkids @I've used a kindle since 2011 and one day I picked up a paperback and started reading. When I tapped the page to turn it, I laughed my head off .  It's bad when you forget how to operate a book. 🤣🤣

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1  LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Toot1920 wrote:

@Pook @Love my grandkids I have a dumb question about your Paperwhites. Can you tap the screen to turn the page or do you have to swipe? That's why I like the Oasis because it has the page buttons and I can read it one handed in bed. Thanks. 

I just tap to turn page.

Trusted Contributor

I love my paper white. If I want to read at night, I turn it on dark mode. Works beautifully.. doesn't tire the eyes. I've never downloaded docs. I have a Fire and iPad but my paperwhite is the best for reading