Occasional Contributor

I just bought 2 Kindle HDX's tablets. I received 1 yesterday and the other will be here today or tomorrow.

When I try and set up wifi it tells me that the password I am using is WRONG !!

I know its NOT wrong because I have 4 other tablets/computers connected using wifi.

I even have a second generation Kindle and they are all working fine. They all have the same password that I am trying to use for the new Kindle.

Anybody having this problem ? Any ideas on what could be wrong ?

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Use your Mayday button.

Honored Contributor
On 9/30/2014 mima said:

Use your Mayday button.

I don't think she can connect to Mayday help if she's not on the wireless network.

I would call Amazon customer support and ask them about the error message and see if someone there can walk you through it. They should be able to connect you to the Mayday help desk, I would think.

Respected Contributor
On 9/30/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 9/30/2014 mima said:

Use your Mayday button.

I don't think she can connect to Mayday help if she's not on the wireless network.

I would call Amazon customer support and ask them about the error message and see if someone there can walk you through it. They should be able to connect you to the Mayday help desk, I would think.

LOL! I can't believe I said that. I sure wasn't thinking. Sorry bout that. I'm getting tired at the end of the day I guess. Boy, I feel stupid.

Thanks Chynnablue.

Honored Contributor
On 9/30/2014 mima said:
On 9/30/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 9/30/2014 mima said:

Use your Mayday button.

LOL! I can't believe I said that. I sure wasn't thinking. Sorry bout that. I'm getting tired at the end of the day I guess. Boy, I feel stupid.

Thanks Chynnablue.

It happens to the best of us. Smile

Regular Contributor

Check toward the bottom of this article on HDX wifi problems:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/517739/20131029/amazon-kindle-fire-hd-hdx-top-7.htm#.VCtSyRb-TbB

If the above does not work, contact Amazon Kindle Support. Hope your other new tablet will work properly.

Respected Contributor

OP, did you get it working?

Respected Contributor

I couldn't make up my mind if I should get this newest Kindle or not. I chose not. I have the version just previous to this one; I can go on-line, etc. so I didn't think the new one offered anymore features that I was missing. Does anyone else have the same version I have, but bought the latest one? What do you think?

Thanks!

Respected Contributor
On 10/1/2014 di-mc said:

I couldn't make up my mind if I should get this newest Kindle or not. I chose not. I have the version just previous to this one; I can go on-line, etc. so I didn't think the new one offered anymore features that I was missing. Does anyone else have the same version I have, but bought the latest one? What do you think?

Thanks!

If you have a Kindle HD, there are some differences. The HDX operates smoother and faster. My favorite feature is that you can download Prime movies easily to watch when you don't have internet. Just the older movies are available, but that's ok.

You can also dictate what you want to write/post rather than type it. That is great too.

Not applicable

I recieved mine on Tues. I could not register it and it kept tleeing me I needed tosign in to my WIFI, but would only send me back to the registration screen. Tech support at Amazon told me to exchange it after trying to fix the issue- that it was defective- "a software issue". Of course, QVC is out of stock in the 64 version. They told me to use the warranty, Amazon will NOT exchange it for a week and wants me to take it to my retailer for a tech to look at to make sure it is defective. No other options were offered- such as where I could find a tech since I can't take it to QVC. I sent my back. I don't want to deal with a company that 1)won't honor their warrranty -Wait a week- absurd and 2)doesn't trust their own tech support.