Valued Contributor

I noticed a long time ago that my phone when left unattended would somehow "develop" unfinished drafts in the messages. I would say, Hummmm I didnt start a message to this person why is there a draft and so I would look at it and see something like this EEEeeeeeeee. So this morning my son gets a message from me at 9:04 AM It "said"  I am at the movie theater. Well, honestly I didnt text this and the phone was across the room, so whats going on, are we getting hacked or what? Has anybody ever had their tracphone act weird like this?   

Honored Contributor

Re: Is my Tracphone haunted?

Is there anyone else in the house who could be pranking you?

Valued Contributor

Absolutely not and I have a ton of paranormal activity lately. I do not even have the phone on the bed, I was sound asleep.

Honored Contributor

Do you live near AREA 51?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I think ET was trying to call home and he misdialed.    

Spoiler

Contributor

@blankette

Blankette, my friend who has an LG Sunset TracFone purchased “new” from HSN  sometime around November 2015 has been having creepy problems but not with phantom texts like you are having.  Her problem is that after having this cell phone for about 8 months, she started to receive many phone calls and voicemails from people whose phone numbers she did not recognize AND they would actually leave voicemails to her cell phone in a language that she could not understand.

As a test, I took her name which is associated with her  cell phone number out of my list of saved/known callers on my home phone which has caller ID and had her call me from her TracFone.  Her call came through as coming from a person with the name “Che Tran”.  So somehow, this Che Tran person had access to her cell phone # all of a sudden and anyone trying to phone Che Tran was actually calling her cell phone and leaving voicemails---which as you all know she has to pay for!!

After reporting this problem to TracFone customer service the problem seems to have gone away with her cell phone, but she told me that she was not given an explanation as to what happened to cause this problem. 

I like my TracFone a lot and my personal experience has been great since 2011 with my first TracFone.  But if this type of problem ever happens to me, I will drop them like a hot potato.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi,

"Best Answer !!"

@Marlea Lee ,

Clearly, your friend's phone number was Che Tran's phone number before it was hers.

It's not an uncommon problem, and her story just highlights another reason why most people don't answer calls from unknown callers.

And we block unwanted callers so they never can call a 2nd time, don't we?

But, Why did it start 8 months after she had the number?

Most likely because that's when he got out of jail and started calling people again...and people used the number already in their contacts to call him...which was now your friend's number.

That's not a TracFone issue.

Phone numbers with 'a history' are independent of which service provider you use.

@blankette,

Here's the method for de-haunting a cellphone:

> Learn to keep your thumbs off the screen.

> Type with a stylus, not your fingertips.

> De-activate the microphone. 

> Go through all the settings in

1.Messages

2.Accessability

3.Language and Input 

Deactivate anything that allows messages to be typed by voice only, or sent at a future time.Watch for the words 'gesture', 'gyro', 'swipe' and 'proximity'.

I had a phone that, when tipped sideways while holding it, would automatically dial phone numbers!

(Gyro feature was easily disabled.)

Some phones are extremely sensitive to gestures or proximity. My phone reacts to fingers or stylus or gesture without having to actually touch the screen. 

> if that doesn't work, you can wrap your phone in a 1 gallon freezer bag, bury it 8" deep under a full moon, and standing atop the burial site, softly sing lullabys to it for 10 minutes every night at midnight for 7 nights while wearing your shoes on the 'opposite' feet and chanting 'TracFone...TracFone...TracFone...' for an additional 22 seconds following the last lullaby.

On the 8th night at midnight, this time barefoot, dig up the phone using either a soup spoon or a spurtle, but leave it in the freezer bag until daybreak.

Face North when unzipping the bag and remove the phone with your left hand while wearing your oldest bathrobe and playing a Hank Williams song. (The 'haunting' will become irrisistably attracted to the sound of Hank Williams emotional turmoil and immediately leave your phone.)

Ta-daaaaa!

Valued Contributor

Let me give more details BECAUSE I AM CONCERNED!

At 9:04 AM my son got a message and my google plus photo is on all my messages as those accounts are somehow linked, the message came from my phone and had my profile pic on it and it said " I am at the movie theater". The message was inserted right into our current message thread.

I was sound asleep and my phone was across the room as I do not keep these devices close to me to cut down on  EMFS. He actually mentioned it to me later that day. So it could be somewhat dangerous to have somebody sending messages with my account, not sure what to do.

As a side, I have had paranormal activity of late but I do not want to connect this as      it might be a hacking issue instead that I should not ignore. I see the phone can schedule messages for the future so I did a test with that just to see how it worked and they look different. Nobody here would mess with me like that anyway. I am so mystified right now, should I call tracphone?

Valued Contributor

It is true I would like my son to take me to  the movies, lol...............

Esteemed Contributor

" as those accounts are somehow linked..."
Huh?? So every text you send has a photo attached to it?
That means you have your mobile data on all the time, 24/7.
Crazy me, but I think I'd start by turning mobile data off, and unlinking my phone from any other accounts.

Please don't call TracFone . . .