Super Contributor

Texting & My LG Premier Tracfone

I'm new to Smartphones and just got a new LG Premier Tracfone.  I'm having difficulty trying to discern a group text message from one that someone sends individually.

I'll get a group text and see all the responses.   When I go to respond, it shows nothing on top if I'm responding to all or the initiater only.   I know other phones show that it's a group type message.   Plus, I just never know if someone is sending me a personal message or a group one and it can get all mixed up.

I don't want to make a mistake one day and send a personal message as a group.  I do know I go to the + sign and personally click on someone for a personal message, but I cannot figure out if what I'm getting is a group text or personal from someone else.  Again, the message looks the same either way on the screen as it piles up under the names of those I regularly connect with.

All a bit too confusing for his novice.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Texting & My LG Premier Tracfone

@Ladygray,   Using one finger, touch and hold (dont tap) your fingertip on the text in question.  A menu should appear. Tap 'Details' to learn the specifics of any particular text.

SMS is an individual text with words only.

MMS  is multi-media text, for texts containing pictures and sound bites.

I believe group texts are MMS. Use methop above to check one you've already received.

Super Contributor

HEDGE,

Thanks... I see how that works. 

But, shouldn't it be easier than that when you actually get a message?   Most phones show it on the screen so you can deliniate right there and then.   

But, in the meantime, I'll double check with your method.

Thanks.

Super Contributor

Here's an example of why I'm confused.

I got a group text and the last person who sent a reply, I replied right back as their name popped up with all my conversations with them, but instead it went to him individually.   I don't understand.   Did I have to go back to the person who initiated the text to make it a group response?   Why if we were in the thread, did it only go to the last one who submitted an response?    How do you send a reply to a group text to make sure they all get it?

It's very confusing and can result in a big mistake if I send the wrong message to the wrong person.