Esteemed Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH THE VIPRE AND WIFI PROTECTION BEING OFFERED

@Tribesters wrote:

@shell garden

I wanted the purple but since I plan on sharing with DH & our two sons I decided to just go with black. I won't be able to use it on my iPhone or iPad but I have a couple Kindle Fires so I'll use that wifi one on them.

We also have a laptop I've been afraid to use because the antivirus software expired. We don't use it much so I didn't really want to pay for another yearly subscription. This will be much better. 

Thanks again for for your help. Smiley Happy

@Tribesters....I am so glad you decided to get one.  Black is a great basic color.  I think we got an exceptional deal today.  I know you can use it on the laptop that the antivirus expired on....and we only have to pay this one charge.  I won't be able to use on my phone either, but I will use the (white stick) on my tablets.  The pink one on my PC at home and will share these with others.

Enjoy and have a blessed night ahead.

Esteemed Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Tribesters wrote:

@shell garden

I wanted the purple but since I plan on sharing with DH & our two sons I decided to just go with black. I won't be able to use it on my iPhone or iPad but I have a couple Kindle Fires so I'll use that wifi one on them.

We also have a laptop I've been afraid to use because the antivirus software expired. We don't use it much so I didn't really want to pay for another yearly subscription. This will be much better. 

Thanks again for for your help. Smiley Happy

@Tribesters....I am so glad you decided to get one.  Black is a great basic color.  I think we got an exceptional deal today.  I know you can use it on the laptop that the antivirus expired on....and we only have to pay this one charge.  I won't be able to use on my phone either, but I will use the (white stick) on my tablets.  The pink one on my PC at home and will share these with others.

Enjoy and have a blessed night ahead.

@shell garden  Do you know if the WiFi protector can be used on a Tracphone?  Is that only for one phone or can you share?  I am leaving for awhile, but will watch the presentation again when I get home.

As far as color, is this something that is plugged in all the time to your device or is it a one time download.   Like I said, I am not tech savvy. ;(

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs.....as far as the VIPRE (advanced), the one with the color that you choose....you plug it in and it automatically erases whatever virus protector you had (in my case the old VIPRE) and installs this new one.  You don't have to do anything but plug it in your computer, take it out and it's done.  Nothing to type, etc.

As far as the phone....I won't be able to use it on mine either, because I have a pay as you go tracfone, but I will be able to use it on my tablet because it's android  They mentioned during the presentation that it works on android phones and tablets (the white  one they are giving for free to us and normally costs around $200).  THis white one is also for if you go outside your home and use your devices, it protects you at a library, coffee shop, etc.

I am going to use my pink one on my PC at home and replace my previous VIPRE protection and use the white one on my tablet for when I go out and about.  Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

PS....both the VIPRE (the pink one I chose) AND the white one they are giving us can be used on 8 devices total EACH...so, grand total of 16 devices.

I will only use one on my PC (the pink one) and the white one on my tablet and will give both of them to family/friends to use and it will have 7 left total for each (or 14 total for both)

You only have to plug it in once....let it install, take it out and that's it.  It will automatically come on your computer to know when updates are done and also it checks your computer regularly and notifies you of that also.  You don't do anything....you just see the message and SMILE, lol.... I like that it does that.

Esteemed Contributor

Most cable companies give customers free security software with service. 

Esteemed Contributor

@shell garden  I appreciate the time you took to respond to my questions.  I ordered the black one without seeing the presentation again.  I watched it at midnight when it was first presented. 

I am excited because the only protection that my DH and I have currently on our laptops is the free download from AVG.  You are saying that when we plug in the VIPRE, it will eliminate this AVG download?

I have been getting that ZEUS warning. I had it 3 times in the last 2 weeks.  I just shut my computer down and reboot later.  That is what the computer people we use told us to do.  If our internet provider is giving us protection, why would I be getting this? 

I feel safer having something stronger, for lack of a better word.  Is this VIPRE consider malware?  See, not so bright LOL. 

I am sure that the video presentation is still available and will go back and rewatch.

Thanks again for all your help.  I feel that this is what this forum is for and I appreciate you and it so much.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@shell garden  I appreciate the time you took to respond to my questions.  I ordered the black one without seeing the presentation again.  I watched it at midnight when it was first presented. 

I am excited because the only protection that my DH and I have currently on our laptops is the free download from AVG.  You are saying that when we plug in the VIPRE, it will eliminate this AVG download?

I have been getting that ZEUS warning. I had it 3 times in the last 2 weeks.  I just shut my computer down and reboot later.  That is what the computer people we use told us to do.  If our internet provider is giving us protection, why would I be getting this? 

I feel safer having something stronger, for lack of a better word.  Is this VIPRE consider malware?  See, not so bright LOL. 

I am sure that the video presentation is still available and will go back and rewatch.

Thanks again for all your help.  I feel that this is what this forum is for and I appreciate you and it so much.

Please contact your tech person ASAP. This is a  serious problem. I would not run this computer until you have it checked. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs.....I am NOT computer savvy either, lol.  My nephew installed my current VIPRE but after watching the presentation (and recording it on a blank DVD disk for future reference), I am going to install myself.  I think I can do it, lol.

YES....Aaron, the vendor, stated that once you plug in your VIPRE (the black one you ordered) on your PC, it would erase not only the previous VIPRE (which I have), but also any other anti virus protection on your PC (that you have).   He stated that you can NOT have two types of anti virus programs on your computer, because they look at each other like another virus, so he said this is automatically done first, then the VIPRE antivirus is installed.  Then you pull the plug (your black one) out and use on other PCs or give to someone who can use it up to 8 times total.

Aaron stated that the VIPRE system I have now was supposed to cover all types of malware, viruses, etc., but that in the past 2-3 months (it made headlines), where there are some out there that were not even thought of and this is mainly the reason why now they have the "ADVANCED VIPRE"....they are identifying not only virus out there now, but are looking into the "Future" and protect things that we are not even aware of...thus, calling it "ADVANCED".  They say government and 500 Fortune businesses use this VIPRE.  

Aaron also said this is a lifetime protection, just like the older version (which I presently have) and that you only have to install one time on your specific computer.  Aaron said that he felt that VIPRE company felt a little bad that there are newer viruses out there now (not their fault) and that when this older version was sold (starting about 7 years old until now)....that they felt bad saying it's a life time protection (which you know that no one can predict)....so, that's why they are giving us this one day great deal and throwing in the $200 (white) wifi vipre (for using outside your home) for free.

We, of course, know that viruses and malware happen all the time and, accoring to Aaron, VIPRE is not only taking care of what is out there, but also looking into the future and protecting us from what might be around the corner.  VIPRE company is USA made and is located in the USA.

The (black) one you ordered....just plug in your computer (PC) at home.....it first, erases previous virus protection and then immediately installs the VIPRE virus protection.  Then you take the plug out and pass it on.  It will give you updates automatically on your computer (pops in and notifies you) that they are updating and checking.  I like that feature.

The (white) one (wifi VIPRE) we all get to accompany our color is for outside the home on your phones, tablets that have android.  You will plug it in but also go to a website they have listed with instructions in the package it comes in to install the app on your android device.  Once done, unplug it from your device....according to Aaron and pass it on to others.

I hope this helps.  I love learning and really enjoyed watching the presentations.  If you have any questions, they will provide all instructions along with each of the two devices and also a toll free number and email address for you to contact them.  I hope you like it.  I've never used the (white wifi one)....but it will be great on my tablet and protected.

Let us know how you like it.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs.....I agree with @Nuttmeg.  Do not run your computer with that warning on it.  Just wait until you get your VIPRE...but, meantime, call your tech support and enquire about it.

Esteemed Contributor

HEAVEN HELP ME....didn't mean to write a book, lol.