Esteemed Contributor

IS ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH THE VIPRE AND WIFI PROTECTION BEING OFFERED

on HSN today?  I don't have the old one, but they are telling people if they do, they need to upgrade....new technology and all.  Apparently they never had to before, but this offers more protection.

I am wondering if this a good thing to have.  It comes with 8 licenses.  I guess that means you can use it on 8 devices?  I am really not up on any of this and would appreciate any guidance someone could give.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH THE VIPRE AND WIFI PROTECTION BEING OFFERED

I've been considering this too. Surely there must be someone out there that can tell us if this is a good product? I wish the other channel would allow you to ask questions on the product page like QVC does. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the old one (which I purchased 2 years ago when I got a new laptop).  LOVE IT....it updates itself, great protection and only one cost for the lifetime of the computer.

I upgraded today.  I got the pink one.  It really is a great deal, especially when you have to pay only 1 price, it can be used on 8 different computers (so help out your family, friends or neighbors).....and with the free wifi shield for 8 users also it's just a NO BRAINER.

The guy said on the tv that the old users only have to plug it in and it automatically deletes our previous security regardless if it was the old vipre or some other kind.  

Also....the VIPRE is for your PC.  The (white) WIFI SHIELD is for going outside your home to use other wifi areas AND it can be used on your phones and tablets (the white one only). 

The way we have major viruses nowadays, this (according to Aaron), will also ward against unknown things out there that we may never know about until it's too late.  It's worth listening to his presentation.  I have had no problems with my current VIPRE and I can not wait to update with this new one.  PEACE OF MIND, I SAY......Hope this helps.  

I LOVE MY VIPRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

I've been considering this too. Surely there must be someone out there that can tell us if this is a good product? I wish the other channel would allow you to ask questions on the product page like QVC does. 

@Tribesters...go to HSN and ask questions about it.  The vendor, I think his name is Aaron....was answering questions on air when he has been presenting this item.

The next presentation should be at 5:00, PM and again from 9:00 and 10:00 PM, EST but they are halfway through sellout and one or two colors have sold out.  I got the pink one.

Trusted Contributor

@shell garden

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go ahead & order it. I will also watch the presentation at 5. Actually you explained what one of my main questions was- what's the difference between the 2 units. I didn't know you could use it on your phone. Wow!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@shell garden

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go ahead & order it. I will also watch the presentation at 5. Actually you explained what one of my main questions was- what's the difference between the 2 units. I didn't know you could use it on your phone. Wow!  

@Tribesters....you are so welcome, sweetie.  YES, PLEASE watch the full presentation....

You can only use the WHITE one (the free additional one) with your tablet or phone and use this one for spots outside your home (such as coffee shops, library).  The one where you pick your color is for your PC only.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tribesters....THE TSV presentation is on now (5:30 pm)

Trusted Contributor

@shell garden 

You're the best! I'm watching-thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Tribesters wrote:

@shell garden 

You're the best! I'm watching-thanks!

@Tribesters.......Awwww, that's kind of you to say.  Just wanna help my fellow buds out.  Another presentation at 9:00 pm, EST, just in case you need to watch.

What color did you get?

Trusted Contributor

@shell garden

I wanted the purple but since I plan on sharing with DH & our two sons I decided to just go with black. I won't be able to use it on my iPhone or iPad but I have a couple Kindle Fires so I'll use that wifi one on them.

We also have a laptop I've been afraid to use because the antivirus software expired. We don't use it much so I didn't really want to pay for another yearly subscription. This will be much better. 

Thanks again for for your help. Smiley Happy